Swifter - 100 must know tips for Swift
Swifter - 100 must know tips for Swift
About the Book
Swift is an innovative new programming language introduced in WWDC 2014 by Apple. This language draws lessons from a lot of other modern language. The author attended WWDC 2014 and learned Swift from the very beginning day. In this book, 100 tips are concluded, which covers almost every corner of Swift.
Before you consider to purchase this book, you may want to know some fact about it:
- It is not a hand-by-hand beginner book for Swift syntax.
- If you want to step into Swift, it would be better to learn from Apple's official guide.
- However, it does not mean you can not read this book. This book takes the responsibility of guide your write better Swift.
- These tips are concluded from author's learning and working. Each tip is consisted by two or three pages, with code sample. It is easy to read.
- If you wrote a lot of Objective-C before, you might be able to read this book smoothly. Some content would help you turn to Swift from Objective-C.
- Of course, any other experience on programming would be help. But if you are new to programming, this book will not suit you.
- I hope the content of this book could save you some time to learn.
- You could have a look at the samples, in which some tips are provided.
Swift is still a younger in programming languages. There is no best practice for a lot of things. A main purpose of this book is exploring some unattractive corners of the language, with a perspective of senior developer. This book would be continuously updated as Swift updates.
- Declare Protocol function as mutating
- @autoclosure and ??
- Optional Chaining
- Parameter Type of Function
- Name of function parameter
- Swift Command Line Tool
- Literal Convertible
- Nested Function
- Function Dispatch
- Any and AnyObject
- Random Number
- Typealias and Generic Protocols
- Conditional Compilation
- Param Mark
- Order of init method
- Designated, Convenience and Required
- Failable Initializers
- Protocol Composition
- static and class
- @objc and dynamic
- Optional Protocol
- Multiple Type and Collection
- Memory Management, weak and unowned
- Default Parameter
- Regular Expression
- Pattern Match
- Value Type and Reference Type
- Foundation Framework
- String or NSString
- Memory of C pointer
- COpaquePointer and CFunctionPointer
- GCD and delayed invoking
- … and ..<
- Get type of instance
- AnyClass, Meta Type and .self
- Self in protocol and class method
- Type casting
- Dynamic Type and Multimethods
- Property Observers
- Local scope
- Printable and DebugPrintable
- Error Handling
- Playground Delay Execution
- Playground Visualization
- Limitation in Playground
- lazy modifier and lazy method
- Math and numbers
- C dynamic library
- Reflection and MirrorType
- Formatted Output
- Enumerating an Array
- Type Encode and @encode
- Log Output
- Calling C code and @asmname
- sizeof and sizeofValue
- Multiple Optional
- Optional Map
- Macro Define
- Associated Object
- Property Access
- Core Data
- Toll-Free Bridging and Unmanaged
- Closure Ambiguous
- Extension Generic
- Enumerate enum type
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.