Email the Author
You can use this page to email Nicola Lindgren about Starting Your Software Testing Career.
About the Book
Do you want to become a Software Tester but not sure where to start?
Do you want to up-skill so you remain relevant in today's job market?
Once you have landed a role as a Software Tester, how do you ensure you thrive in the role?
In this book, I will share the different paths you can take towards becoming a software tester, useful ways you can up-skill along with what I wish I knew in my first year of testing.
After reading this book you'll also be able to:
- Understand the difference between Test Cases, Exploratory Testing and Ad Hoc Testing and when one approach is more suitable than the other
- Write an effective bug report
- Understand the benefits of learning test automation along with when you should and shouldn't write test automation
- Test against implicit requirements
- Imagine what a tester's typical day may look like
- Prevent bugs
- Ask for testability
(Chapter 2: Gaining Skills Before (and After) You First Role and Chapter 15: Advice From Testers Around the World are included in the free sample).
To see the testimonials, scroll down to the testimonials section.
About the Author
Nicola Lindgren is a Senior QA Engineer/ QA Manager, based in Malmö, Sweden. She is an international conference speaker, frequent blogger and avid learner of all things testing, agile and leadership.
Nicola started two testing meetups (one in Auckland, New Zealand and one in Stockholm, Sweden), has taught software testing courses and run workshops, coached and mentored multiple testers and written for various testing publications. She has also been a co-instructor for the BBST Foundations course multiple times.
She blogs about testing, automation, personal development and agile at nicolalindgren.com.