Seven Year Degree
Seven Year Degree
Things no one tells you how to have fun and successful college life without debt or regrets.
About the Book
Some people are born to parents who went to college who can guide their kids. Most have not. This is a book for those who have no idea how to get there, what to expect and how to get through it.
This book helps you and tells you: you can do it. Even if it is hard, or takes longer than expected or is horribly frustrating, you can do it.
The tips are not supposed to show every situation, but touch on many to show that there is always a way out.
Thus using my experience you can succeed and do better than you would have others.
My personal story is that because of my parents and good friends, I got into a good school. There I floundered and dropped out and eventually I finished. Aftwards I had many people coming up to me and asking me advice about college. So why not put all that advice into a book? This book is my experiences, my mistakes and my triumphs. It is disguised advice.
You can download and print individual chapters or print the whole thing, it is only 50 double sided pages.
It is a work in progress so feel free to contribute your stories or suggest other topics we can add or expand upon.
Thank you for checking it out and we look forward to your feedback.
- Why This Book?
Part 0: Before College
- Chapter -1 - High School (or BS) and Entrance Exams
- Chapter 0: Still High School- Picking your ideal college and getting accepted.
Part 1: The College Part
- Chapter 1: First Day
- Chapter 2: Classes
- Chapter 3: Studying, No One Wants To, But Some Know How-To
- Chapter 4: The Filler Clubs, aka Student Organizations
- Chapter 5: Sports
- Chapter 6: Picking A Major. Because Eventually, You Have To.
- Chapter 7: Paying for College
- Chapter 8: Time Off, Not A Completely Stupid Idea
Part 2: Life
- Chapter 9: Family
- Chapter 10: Living Situation
- Chapter 11: Frats and Sororities.
- Chapter 12: The Girlfriend/Boyfriend
- Chapter 13: Working While in College, No one said you can’t.
- Chapter 14: Getting First Post College Job
- Chapter 15 - Mental Health
Part 3 : Graduate School
- Chapter 16: Graduate School - Applying
- Chapter 17: Law School - Three Years That Can Ruin Your Life
- Chapter 18: MBA or Master of Bullshit Administration
- Chapter 19: Master’s or Ph.D. Doctor or Meh.
- Chapter 20 Writing a Thesis/Dissertation
- Chapter 21: Don’t Be Ambitious, Be Pura Vida
- Appendix A: Online vs In-Person
- Appendix B: My Categories for Picking UCSD
- Appendix C: As You Go Off To College, Do Not Do This.
- Appendix D: Our Book Page
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.