Building Affordable, Performant, and Scalable Services
About the Book
Note: This is an early access release of the book. If you are not comfortable receiving an incomplete book for a reduced price, please wait until the book has been completed!
Don't you think it is about time to learn the technology that is changing the face of the software industry? Do you want to launch your software for no cost? Do you want to scale to millions of customers without having to rewrite your entire application? Then it is time you learn and embrace Serverless Technologies.
Advantages of Serverless:
- Only pay for your traffic. You don't pay for a server sitting idle waiting for a connection. Only get charged for the time your code is actively running!
- Scale to 10's of millions of customers. Each request is handled separately, which means nearly infinite scalability.
- Launch faster. Less infrastructure. Less boilerplate. Less code. Focus only on your business logic and user interface and leave the rest to the framework. Launch in days or weeks instead of months or years.
- Time for user experience. Less time worrying about infrastructure means a lot more time to dedicate to the user experience and feature development. Happier customers means more money.
- Decreased latency. AWS Serverless technologies are globally distributed which means lower latencies for all of your customers.
What you will learn:
- How to set up the Serverless Framework with AWS.
- Building RESTful web interfaces with AWS Lambda and API Gateway.
- Using DynamoDB as a serverless database
- Adding authentication with AWS Cognito
- Hosting serverless web applications with S3
- Creating User Interfaces with VueJS
What you should already know:
- Familiarity with RESTful services.
- Familiarity with modern web application development (i.e. AJAX, HTML5, CSS, JSON, etc.)
This book is a hands-on guide to building SaaS applications using serverless technology. We will be building a SaaS application from scratch to illustrate all of the parts of a full stack serverless application. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Chapter 1 - Introduction
- What is the Cloud?
- What is SaaS?
- What is Serverless?
- Who is this book for?
- Book Style
Chapter 2 - The Tools
- The Frontend
- The Backend
- Third-Party Tools
Chapter 3 - Setting Up
- Installing Node
- Installing Git
- Installing Vue
- Installing Serverless
- Get an AWS Account
- Setting Up Credentials
- Give Serverless the Credentials
- Create a CircleCI Account
Chapter 4 - Starting the User Interface
- Create the Project
- Create the S3 Bucket
- Deploying to S3
Chapter 5 - Starting the Backend
- Set Up the Project
- Configuring Deployments
Chapter 6 - What Are We Building?
- Picking the Project
- Why A To-do App?
- Defining the Main View
- Building Blocks
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.