Microbook: Select2 and Laravel
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-01-11
About the Book
In this book we will look at the common use-cases for Select2 and power on the server-side with Laravel.
If you are not familiar with Laravel, it is a PHP MVC framework that makes building web apps a breeze. I suggest you checkout the documentation on Laravel's website and you will probably want to read Dayle Rees's book Code Bright.
In the end of the book, we will create an video sharing app similar to Upworthy (but not as cluttered with random ads). We will use Select2 in a few different areas and use each of the skills from the book.
- The Server
- Book Format
- Our Project
- Errata and Feedback
- Installing Laravel
- Installing Select2 with Bower
Installing Select2 with
wgetor Copy and Paste
Using Select2 with Static Options
- Setting Up the Example Route
- Setting Up Our First View
- Working With Our First Select2 Instance
- Dynamic Select Options With Laravel
- Reusable Option Lists and the App Container
- Form Builder Macros
- Creating Options with JSON data
- More Abstraction
AJAX Resource Loading With Select2
- Setting Up Our API Endpoint
- Setting Up AJAX with Select2
- Reacting to Empty Results
Multiple Selects and Tag Clouds
- Basic Multiselects
- Tag Clouds
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...