About the Book
As the world becomes more and more connected, digital security is more and more a pressing concern. Especially in the Internet of Things (IoT), Application Programming Interface (API), and microservice spaces, the proper access management needs to be seriously addressed to ensure that web assets are securely distributed. We at Nordic APIs have collated our most helpful advice on API security into this eBook - a single tomb that introduces important terms, outlines proven API security stacks, and describes workflows using modern technologies. This knowledge is crucial for any web service that needs to properly authenticate, control access, delegate authority, and federate credentials across a system. Following an overview of basic concepts, we'll dive into specific considerations such as:
- Detailing OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect protocols and workflows
- Defining three distinct approaches to API licensing and availability
- Performing delegation of user identity across microservices
- Using OAuth and the Neo-Security stack to handle identity and access control
- Differentiating Authentication, Authorization, Federation, and Delegation, and the importance of each
- Using OpenID Connect for Native Single Sign On (SSO), Mobile Identity Management (MIM) & secure IoT applications
- ... and more
Please read on, share, and enjoy our 5th eBook from the Nordic APIs team, a free compilation of insights from identity experts security specialists.
*All proceeds from the sale of this eBook will be donated to the Salvation Army in Sweden.
About the Author
Authors for this eBook include: Kristopher Sandoval, Bill Doerrfeld, Travis Spencer, Andreas Krohn, and Jacob Ideskog.