Score Personal Loan Applicants using R
Last updated on 2015-08-05
About the Book
This book is for you if
- you've been building scorecards using SAS or SPSS and want to do the same thing in R, or
- you want a step-by-step guide to building and backtesting a binary classifier using logistic regression in R, or
- you want to learn how to automate the model selection process using the best subset mehtod, or
- you want to understand the differences amongst the 6 performance measures: Accuracy, Sensitivity, False Positive Rate, Specificity, Precision, and the F-measure, and when to use which.
- you want to learn how to make the ROC curve and calculate the Aear Under the Curve (AUC) in R.
This book is not for you if
- you're looking for thorough understanding of the relavent statistical theories. This is a how-to book, not a why book, though intuitive reasons are pointed out whenever possible.
- you need to see math formulas. All formulas are presented directly in the form of R code.
- you're looking for an introductory R book. This book doesn't explain how R works.
- 1. Set up
2. Preliminary Analysis
- 2.1 Clean Data
- 2.2 Descriptive Analysis
- 2.3 Weight of Evidence and Information Value
- 2.4 Simple Logit Models
- 2.5 Pre-select Predictors
- 2.6 Correlations Amongst Predictors
3. Predictive Analysis
- 3.1 Model Selection Using the Best Subsets Algorithm
- 3.2 Backtesting
- 3.3 Performance Curves
- 3.4 Cross Validation
- 3.5 Final Model
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.