About the Book
- Part I leads you through the world of networks, business consideration, MMoG analysis and setting up your studio workshop. I have 40 years of networking career experience in highly sensitive (i.e., Government Embassies) data communications. I am a certified Cisco Academy Instructor and have taught networking, networking security, game design/development, and software engineering for the past 14 years at the college level.
- Part II Guides you into Multi-player Online Game architecture contrasted to normal single-player games. This lays the foundation for Multi-Player Game Prototypes and reviews a missing aspect in current MMoG development not seen in many online tutorials and example code.
- Part III contains 3 chapters focused on production and development for the client-side code, client-proxy, server-side code, and MMoG app. This content sets the foundation for what many Phaser tutorials and Phaser Starter-Kits on the market today overlook and never tell you! Upon completion of Part III, you will have your own bespoke MMoG with integrated micro-service, and if you choose, web workers and block-chain.
- Part IV (Bonus Content) This section includes proprietary Game Rule Books and EULA source code included as a part of your book purchase. It features four (4) Game Recipes -- step-by-step instructions -- listed by complexity "1" = easiest (elementary skills) to "4" = most complex (requiring advanced skills across several IT technology disciplines). Each external “Walk-Through Tutorial” guides you in different aspects of MMoG development.
- How to migrate single-player games into a 2-player online delivery mode (not using "hot-seat")!
- How to use dynamic client-side proxy servers and migrate this game from its current single-player mode (with AI Bot) into an online 2-player mode (not using "hot-seat")!
- How to include "Asynchronous Availability" during gameplay and migrate this gameplay mode (with AI Bot) into an online "Asynchronous Availability" 3-player mode using postal mail or email game turns! The FREE game rule book will help "deconstruct" this game mechanics.
- This final external "Step-by-Step" tutorial guides us in building a complete MMoG CMS, using MOM over WebSockets for 2 to 8 participants, a membership system, game lobby, player matching services, and other various cloud-based "Back-end as a Services" (BaaS). The FREE game rule book will help "deconstruct" this game mechanics.
About the Author
Avatar is an adorable cartoon sketch of my wife. 44th anniversary this coming Sept 1!
Stephen Gose, Ph.D. Information Systems (honorary) (and second-generation German) is a retired Professor Emeritus with a 41-year career as a certified network engineer, and "Certified Cisco Academy Instructor" (CCAI) since 2002. He is listed in the Who's Who for Information Technology for his directly-related work for the Internet backbones found in the Caribbean, Netherlands, Israel, and Russia. He was awarded "Letters of Appreciation" from AT&T, the German, Israeli, Dutch, and Russian Governments. Steve has nearly three decades of international "teaching and conference lecturing" in both Local-Area and Wide-Area Networks, network security, Internet backbones, software engineering, and program/project management. He is a retired US Army Signal Corps Officer. He earned, in 2014, the ITT Technical Institute's "Instructor of the Year" out of 8,000 instructors across 144 campuses throughout the USA.
He graduated from Grand Canyon University with his first B.A. in Religions and Music Education, then a B.S. in Business Admin. from the University of Maryland and an M.B.A in International Management from Liberty University. He is currently pursuing his Th.D. He has served as a licensed minister since 1972 and as a missionary to Okinawa, Japan. He earned the US Army Chaplains Outstanding service award in 1983.
In his spare (?) time, Steve enjoys creating online casual games and managing his online gaming business.
My driving theme: "Always stay humble and kind"
His personal website is: http://www.Stephen-Gose.com./
His game showcase is: http://www.renown-games.com
His theology website: http://kingdomofgodprinciples.com/
Game Support Site: http://makingbrowsergames.com/
Review my profile on LinkedIn.com: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-gose/