Reinforcement Learning with Python
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2017-12-20
About the Book
Reinforcement Learning is regarded by many as the next big thing in data science. Beyond the hype, there is an interesting, multidisciplinary and very rich research area, with many proven successful applications, and many more promising. In this book I will introduce the main tools, ideas and history of the field, with a mixture of theory and practice (using examples from OpenAI Gym). Constantly in progres!!
- Introduction: Reinforcement Learning
- Some RL success stories
Welcome to Reinforcement Learning
- An example: OpenAI Gym
- Using a different policy
- Your turn:
Markov Decision Processes
- Markov chains
- Markov Reward Process
- Markov Decision Processes
- Solving MDPs: Value and Policy Iteration.
Chapter 3: Monte Carlo Methods
- Monte Carlo Learning
- Off-policy MC control
Chapter 4: Temporal Difference Learning
- Code sample: SARSA
Chapter 5: Function approximation.
- Gradient descent
- Feature vectors
- Function backups
- Code sample: SARSA with linear function approximation
Chapter 6: Experience Replay.
- Improvements since the original DQN
- Code sample: Q-Learning with experience replay (Linear Approximator)
- Code sample: Q-Learning with experience replay (Neural Network Approximator)
Chapter 7: Policy Gradients & Policy Optimisation
- Derivative Free Methods
- Code sample: NES for FrozenLake
- Code sample: Cross entropy method for CartPole
- About the author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...