About the Book
Raw emotions show through some of this poems and poetic prose. In other poems, humor can be seen. This book is a collection of poetry that the author had written since she was a child. Many of the poems had been published in noteworthy venues:
- As of 2006, the Immortal Verses compilation and "The Sound of Poetry" three CD collection by Poetry.com had her "Deafness" poem published in it.
- As of 2007, The International Who's Who in Poetry book by Poetry.com had her poems "An Ode to a Deaf Don" and "Description Of A Beloved One" published in one of their editions.
- As of March, 2012, the Stars in Our Hearts book by WorldPoetryMovement.com had her "Adaptation of 'Sailing' by Rod Steward" poem published in it.
- As of June 5th, 2012, her poem, "Wedding Advice," had been published in "Great Poets Across America" (ISBN 978-1-61936-035-8).
- As of October 8th, 2012, her poem, "Deafia SpyEyes," has been published in the International Who's Who in Poetry 2012 by Poetry.com.
- Her poem "Year 2013" had been published in the book Best Poets and Poems of 2012 by World-PoetryMovement.com.
About the Author
Ms. Rebecca Rose Orton was born deaf. She learned American Sign Language again after being away from the Deaf community for nearly 20 years. After returning to her Deaf origins, she had at least 20 years of signing experience and considers herself bilingual and bi-cultural within both the Deaf community and the hearing world.