This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-07-23
About the Book
There are more than 20 activities for each of the 5 stages of a retrospectives: Set the stage, Gather data, Generate insight, Decide what to do and Close the retrospective like a pro!
Each activity is described in enough detail to facilitate it. Plus, you get a time estimate and a recommendation for which team stage (forming, norming, storming, etc.) it's the best fit. And, of course, you get photos for many activities.
If you've got some hick-ups in your retrospectives, there's a handy chapter on troubleshooting and increasing follow-through on action items.
- About this book
- Retrospective Basics
- Default Retrospective Plan
- Set the Stage
- Gather Data
- Generate Insights
- Decide What to Do
- Close the Retrospective
- Something Completely Different
Common problems and what you can try
- “Help, our retros always go wrong somehow”
- “Our retros are huge complainfests. The team blames others and doesn’t take responsibility”
- “How can I make shy people speak up?”
- “Too many topics leave too little time to talk in-depth”
- “I just can’t get her to engage! She’s hostile”
- “We don’t ever do any of our action items”
- “I’d like to share the awesomeness of retrospectives. How can I excite others?”
- Remote Retrospectives
- About the Author
- Tuckman’s Stages of Team Development
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.