About the Book
Nathaniel never had a good relationship with his father. And when he is blamed for a robbery, what was left of Nathaniel's family is torn apart. Angry and alone, he sets off in search of revenge and finds himself a part of an adventure he'd only dreamed of. When Nathaniel helps to save a man's life, he finds himself face-to-face with the people responsible for tearing his life apart.
Now he must team up with his sworn enemies - Harht, Grefor and Forgrun - to reach the Capitol. The man whose life they saved was carrying an important message for the government, warning of danger to the Realm. There had been rumors of raids and unusual happenings, but in a land that has experienced peace for centuries, the last thing the four companions expected to hear was the possibility of rebellion.
This new group of unlikely friends journey to the Capitol to alert the government, and in the process, find themselves a part of the effort to uncover the truth of the rebellion. The prospect of danger haunts the four companions as they develop new skills, and it becomes a race to uncover the truth before rumor becomes reality.
The copy available here on Leanpub.com is the most recently edited version of the manuscript. As the final edits are completed, more of the story will be made available for your reading pleasure!
- Converted Files
- Chapter 1: Home, Sweet Home
- Chapter 2: An Apprenticeship
- Chapter 3: In the Fire
- Chapter 4: Robbery
- Chapter 5: On the Banks
- Chapter 6: Honor and Blame
- Chapter 7: Gyuing
- Chapter 8: Tavern Talks
- Chapter 9: The Black Rider
- Chapter 10: Meeting of Worlds
- Chapter 11: Getting to Know You
- Chapter 12: Guarding Secrets
- Chapter 13: Following Friends
- Chapter 14: An Unavoidable Choice
- Chapter 15: Time Spent Searching
- Chapter 16: Finding Friends
- Chapter 17: Building Business
- Chapter 18: Discovery
- Chapter 19: Retrieving Friends
- Chapter 20: It’s a Matter of Trust
- Chapter 21: Rescue
- Chapter 22: Friend or Foe
- Chapter 23: Communication is Key
- Chapter 24: Magic First
- Chapter 25: Campfire Stories
- Chapter 26: A Full Company
- Chapter 27: On the Road Again
- Chapter 28: Rebellion
- Chapter 29: The Capitol
- Chapter 30: The High Council
- Chapter 31: A Night on the Town
- Chapter 32: Evalyn
- Chapter 33: A Quiet Dinner
- Chapter 34: Hellos and Goodbyes
- Chapter 35: Differing Viewpoints
- Chapter 36: The Bearded Lady
- Chapter 37: The Terms of Term
- Chapter 38: Looking for a Solution
- Chapter 39: Weighing Options
- Chapter 40: Out of Bed
- Chapter 41: Finding Solutions
- Chapter 42: The Portal
- Chapter 43: Testing Patience and Skill
- Chapter 44: Out in the Open
- Chapter 45: Gifts and Gore
- Chapter 46: Burned Images
- Chapter 47: Teamwork
- Chapter 48: When Winter Comes
- Chapter 49: The Dragon’s Tail
- Chapter 50: Through the Gates of Hell
- Chapter 51: In the Tunnel
- Chapter 52: Fateful Fight
- Chapter 53: Fateful Flight
- Chapter 54: One Last Chance
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.