Read Faster, Recall More!
Read Faster, Recall More!
Practical strategies for improving your reading speed and your ability to recall the information you're read.
About the Book
Ever wished you could read faster and remember more of what you read? If so, "Read Faster, Recall More" is the book for you. Taking you through a series of useful techniques, the book explores the common speed reading methods that exist in simple language and provides worked examples for you to practice the techniques. As well as an exploration of all the main speed reading techniques, the most powerful information recall techniques are introduced so that you have ways of absorbing the information you have read.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. What is Speed Reading?
- 1.2. What can Speed Reading do for you?
- 1.3. A brief history of Speed Reading
- 1.4. What Do We Mean By Comprehension?
- 1.5. Why are you reading?
- 2. Initial Assessment
- 2.1. Initial Assessment Text - St Lythan’s Burial Chamber
- 2.2. Comprehension Test
- 2.3. Answers and Scoring for Comprehension Test
- 3. Speed Reading Techniques
- 3.1. Sub-Vocalisation Suppression
- 3.2. Directed Reading
- 3.3. Meta Guiding
- 3.4. Skim Reading
- 3.5. Photo-Reading
- 3.6. Extending beyond reading words
- 3.7. System led approaches to speed reading
- 3.8. Other Techniques
- 4. Enhancing Recall and Learning
- 4.1. What’s good for you?
- 4.2. Highlight and recap
- 4.3. Other Annotation Ideas
- 4.4. Mind Maps
- 4.5. SQ3R
- 5. Final Assessment
- 5.1. Tinkinswood Chamber Tomb
- 5.2. Comprehension Test
- 5.3. Comprehension Test Answers
- 6. Conclusion
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.