Random Acts of Sentience
Last updated on 2014-10-04
About the Book
Here we are.
I've had a blog for years and have frequently done movie and video reviews, song parodies for programmers as well as humorous stream of consciousness posts that have elicited many ROTFL moments for many people.
As a result of multiple request to package them up into a volume I caved in and did it.
I dedicate this book to all those other nutters out there who also see the absurd side of the world.
- My father died
- Pea with Ham Soup!
- Blackpool. Gack…
- Ben is playing…
- Games, Zombies and NetBeans
- Sigh. Now it’s chess…
- And another thing…
- Superman and other heroes…
- Marcel, Speed Cameras and Rat Throwing as a Sport
- Greek Gods, Washed Hedgehogs and Bluetooth
- Three wonderfully anarchic pieces of news
- No Smart Comment goes Unpunished
- With Our Thoughts We Make The World
- Walls of Sound and Foxy Ladies
- Dead Flies and Calculations
- 12 steps for vampires
- Obesity is the key to the survival of man!
- When Sticking a Screw Driver in your Face is Preferable to Going to the Dentist and More Movie Reviews
- Not So Trivial Pursuit
- The longest game of Trivial Pursuit in history
- Cthulhu Eggs and What’s really funny.
- It’s Korean Food Roulette Day Again!
- Fish and Chip Night!
- The Poochinator and the Missing Punchline
- Monastic Speeders, Pants around Ankles and Bikes.
- Rawhead Rex, Maniac Nurses and a Steam Powered Cat Cannon
- Is everything shit or is it just me? Oh and H.P.Lovecraft.
- Cottage Pie Cake, RoboKitty dies a horrible death and Vampires in Space
- And Speaking of Steam Power…
- The Clucking NHS
- Argh!!! I’ve Discovered Miro! Oh. And software sucks.
- Dreams are such weird things…
- Relatives have been visiting
- WMAP, teh “void” and the Multiverse
- Little Sods and a New Lease on Life for an Old Mac Laptop
- Long time, no write
- Oh so much has happened!
- Ancient Movies and Weird Spam
- Christmas Mayhem - The Feast of Mithras!
- Oh… I’m so tired…
- Feel the fear and do it anyway! For 2 slips of latinum!
- It snowed!
- Rats, an old house and worlds craziest chases
- I’d like to share a revelation…
- Lots more movies!
- The Manga Bible?
- Deep Fried Squirrel with Garlic Mayonnaise!
- Argh! I know the files are here somewhere!
- Oh crap
- Holy Magazines Batman! Young Earth Creationists have their own publication!
- An Original Grumpy Old Man
- Phew. Finished “How the World Works”
- Odd thoughts.
- What I mean by eccentric…
- Finished the Sam Harris book “The Moral Landscape”
- Nothing in particular
- Ah. It feels good to be a dinosaur sometimes…
- Cycles of Time by Roger Penrose
- The Coming Jobs War by Jim Clifton
- The New Road to Serfdom by Daniel Hannan
- The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene
- Movie Review: Battle of Los Angeles
- DECORATE! CELEBRATE!
- Movies, movies and more movies
- Mansquito (TV 2005) O.M.G. Bad Sci-Fi Reaches new Lows
- The Root of all Evil
- Review: The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot
- There’s a dead cockroach next to my ashtray
- Book Review: The New New Rules by Bill Maher.
- Book Review: The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking
- Wow. Meteor impacts!
- Review: “Sherlock” BBC TV Series
- Holy Robot and a Beetle Beetleman!
- Book Review: The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean
- Book Review: “Future Science - Essays from the Cutting Edge”
- Seriously Odd Results from Google
- Movie Review: Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl
- This won’t mean anything to anybody but Australians over 40…
- Movie Review: “Hybrid”
- Movie Review: “The Man with X-Ray Eyes”
- I was feeling miserable so I built a castle out of cushions.
- Movie Review: “Legion”
- Book Review: “The Science Delusion” by Rupert Sheldrake
- Book Review: “The Great Disruption” by Paul Gilding
- I am not “The Internet with Boobs”
- Portal for Programmers - Still Have a Job
- Mambo Number 5 for Programmers - Rebuild Number 5
- Parady of Rockstar by NickelBack - For Programmers…
- Book Review: “The Quantum Universe” by Brian Cox & Jeff Forshaw
- Book Review: “Watermelons” by James Delingpole
- Making A Bug-Out-Bag or Zombie Adventure Bag! (By B)
- This is an ex-iPhone…
- Book Review: “A Universe From Nothing” by Lawrence M. Kraus
- Book Review: “Why I am not a Christian” by Bertrand Russell
- Movie Review: “Ra One” (2011)
- There is no duck in our back yard…
- Ok. I’m seriously pissed off. 4 or 5 Exorcisms a day? In Australia?
- Wow. Did you know it’s Belphegor month?
- Movie Review: “The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption” (2012)
- Interesting conversation about sci-fi in a bookshop
- Results of super-nova 2012 on the Gold Coast
- Today has been stressful - so I decided to play an XBox game
- Book Review: “Prologue to Super Quantum Mechanics” by Victor Vaguine
- Movie Review: “Rubber” (2010)
- Book Review: “Ayn Rand Nation” by Gary Weiss
- Book Review: “The 4% Universe” by Richard Panek
- Movie Review: “Atlas Shrugged” (2011)
- Book Review: “Climate Wars” by Harald Welzer
- Odd Question: If you had to say which TV character you most identify with…
- Mothers day: My mother is one tough old bird!
- Movie Review: “Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol”
- Book Review: “Higgs Force” by Nicholas Mee
- Book Review: “Free Will” by Sam Harris
- Book Review: “American Gridlock” by H. Woody Brock
- Frickin’ Remotes!
- Weird Interview Questions
- Movie Review: “Alien Western/High Plains Invaders” (2009)
- Well. I’m frickin’ starving and thinking of posing action figures in inappropriate ways.
- Movie Review “Iron Sky” (2011)
- I didn’t frickin’ believe it! Ron Jeremy is selling RUM!
- Movie Review: “The Darkest Hour” 2011
- LEGO Iron Man gives the finger to Fish and Chips (With Fire)
- This is Kenny. My travelling companion since 1981.
- Sigh. The roller coaster of life.
- I feel guilty
- I don’t frickin believe it. She may make it!
- Book Review: “EVE” by Tony Gonzales
- Book Review: “The Cosmic Code” by Heinz R. Pagels
- No more bats! B-Mashina for Bats.
- After a series of false starts, mother is looking much better
- Had a conversation (read painful process) with a brogrammer once.
- Cicero’s comments from 43BC
- More fan-bloody-tastic Cicero quotes
- When life gives you lemons, charge them with C4 and lob em back
- Attributed to Socrates by Plato
- Sie haben Fledermäuse in Ihrem Glockenturm! Or… How to write Perl and C++
- Book Review: “Advanced Quantum Mechanics” by Freeman Dyson
- I think I must be from another planet…
- Mother is finally home and I’m officially unemployed
- The little feathered fuckers have found a new trick.
- The Mechanics of Zombies
- How I approach management expectations
- I am not a machine, nor the tick-boxes on a form. I am a human with all that goes with it.
- Make your own 0 ohm resistor
- You wanna connect with your kids? Play UNO.
- Cetacean consumerism and Vitamin D deficiency!
- Movie Review: “Undead” (2003)
- Movie Reviews: “Supershark” (2011) and “The Beast from 20,000 fathoms” (1953)
- Fray Bentos is a place? And the name of a tank?
- Ben whupped my ass at Munchkin and Scrabble
- Game Review: “Killer Bunnies”
- Played Zombies! last night. (photos)
- New Olympic event: 200 Grey Plastic Zombie Synchronized Handshake!
- Some random things: Short movies, video games and smut
- Just to prove I do actually have an Einstein action figure!
- For those who don’t know how your tax system works: A Funny Primer
- Wow. For all those wanting to know what special days are coming.
- Book Review: “Tart Noir” 2002
- Book Review: “Silken Promises” 1994
- Interesting fail I noticed in a shop
- I’m ready for Curiosity! Are you?
- Fun with google search
- It’s my not-dead-yet-day today and it’s been a doozy
- Movie Review: “Adam Chaplin” 2011
- Just gave myself a first ever Glycolic Scrub. Frickin’ YEOW!
- How to make up your own movie names like the SyFy channel
- Bit of a messy day today
- O.M.G. Just watched “Mammoth” (2006) the movie
- Book Review: “Dark Seduction” by Brenda Joyce (2007)
- Haven’t posted for a while. So here’s a movie review and a suggestion for arming Curiosity.
- New form of life discovered in fridge!
- I am getting seriously sick of historical romances.
- Pocket Gophers? What?
- Origins: Super heroes fails
- Movie Review: “Shark in Venice” 2008
- Movie Review: “Hunter Prey” 2010
- I’d like to illustrate the difference between “What?” and “Wait. What?!?” moments
- How to piss off Indian call centre employees and have fun
- I have a troubling relationship with time. As I get older distances back seem smaller
- You know you’re a socially inept dork when…
- 15 years ago I was on the verge of suicide. What’s changed?
- The Borg have invaded! And they’re after our veggies!
- Streams of Unconsciousness
- Buddha was a programmer and used twitter
- Worst Marketing Fail I’ve seen in Years!
- I made a cardboard castle for the kittens
- Logs in the river
- MineCraft: Crack for Engineers
- Why do engineers feel a visceral urge to frack with things that work?
- I think I will have to wash my eyeballs with bleach
- Interesting human dynamic going on in the supermarket today
- There’s a few things that are hard for average people to understand
- I’ve decided to stop watching debates about the existence or nature of god for a while
- Bible Thumpers: Y U No Check Your Pamphlets?
- Benji and Jesse are off to find their forever homes
- The latest foster cat “Moose” has arrived
- Moose the foster cat likes to Chill-Ax…
- “Scratches to Scratches” a version of David Bowie lyrics for cat people!
- Well, it’s official. I’ve been unemployed for 6 months and broke
- Harley and Callum - Foster Cats 14 and 15
- GalactiCraft! OMG!
- A Movie, my D&D roots and software development
- Iron Man Zombie Robot Hitler is not happy - and he has a gatling gun
- Frickin Chocobos - Tennis elbow generators
- I’m 57. I’m not old
- Avalanche Sharks!
- Was capitalism cancelled without me being informed? Ah rats. I’m a dummy…
- People wear hats in Peru! Because: Aliens!
- Minecraft - Sieve Automation
- Ok. As of today I’m a MineCraft YouTuber! Mekanism, ProjectRed, JABBA etc YogsCastComplete
- Seriously. You know you’e neurotic when a HDD gets down to 1Tb and you start panicking
- Why certain practices in companies stay the way they are despite being silly
- Give Me GigaBit NetWorking OR Give Me Freedom!
- The Sheer Ham Fisted Genius Of Belkin Designers!
- OMG I’m covered in BEES!
- My mother died this morning
- Memories of my mother
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.