Last updated on 2017-06-02
About the Book
This book is about privacy. Unlike many books on privacy we won't talk much about state surveillance (though it is in there), and we won't talk much about encrypting text messages or anonymous web browsing (although they are in there too).
Instead , a collection of authors who intersect with queerness will present their stories about community, family, coming out, dating, domestic violence, activism, sex work and suicide.
Stories about using the Internet as a tool to find out more about yourself, and as a tool to express and empower; about the dangers of Internet censorship and about the practical realities of maintaining multiple distinct digital identities.
Essays will examine how technology has contributed to the violence and harassment of marginalized communities, how media organizations and social networks have shaped this violence and the impact it has had on the privacy of queer communities and people
There are many people and groups out there who are trying to make a difference, who want to make a difference, but who may be blind to the struggles of queer communities - this collection is for you, and for everyone who wants to shape the world.
We will talk about problems, we can't always present solutions. Not all the stories have happy endings. This is real life and we are building it together - one step at a time.
This is Queer Privacy.
- Acknowledgements & Credits
- About This Book
- About The Authors
- Who Should Read This Book?
- What Is Queer Privacy? by Sarah Jamie Lewis
- Privacy, Perversion, and Power by Ada Collins
- What’s In A Name? by Kath Rella
- Exploring Polyamory in Private by Audrey Howard
- Skylar by Avi Zajac
- Privacy On The Margins by Morgan Potts
- The Myth Of The Anonymous Troll by Violet Hargrave
- Digital Security for Trans* Communities by Norman Shamas & Anonymous Trans* Activists
- Where Do We Go From Here? by Sarah Jamie Lewis
- Mascherari Press
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...