Python for Programmers
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-09-15
About the Book
If you're a programmer, then learning a new language isn't difficult. It's just syntax at the end of the day, and so you're not overly concerned about 'how' to write code. You're more interested in just getting setup quickly and in the right direction.
- What's the best way to install and run applications?
- How do dependencies and libraries work?
- What does the important parts of the language API look like?
- What's are the language idiosyncrasies?
- For Loops
- List Comprehensions
- Magic Methods
- Writing tests
Getting to this information quickly is what will make the difference to your success picking up the language and how fast you get up and running.
- Brief History of Python
- The Pythonic Way
- This Book
- Auto-Complete with Jedi
- Importing Modules
- Module used for CLI tooling
- Local Package Development
- Installing Private Packages from GitHub
- Package Management
- Double-ended Queue
- Property Decorators
- Polymorphic Access
- Getters and Setters Discussion
Code Reuse Patterns
- Positional access to arguments
- Splatting arguments
- Repeatable indexes
- Named arguments
- Keyword arguments
- Complex object access
- Alignment and Padding
- Tasks and the Event Loop
- Hello World Concurrency
- Chained/Coupled Function Calls
- Multiple Tasks
- Wait vs Gather
- Deco: simplified subprocesses
- Asyncio (again)
- Threads vs Coroutines vs Futures vs Subprocesses
- Log Levels
- File Logging
- Multiple Modules
- Different modules require different configuration
Tornado Web Server
- Example test files
- Understanding our example tests
- Running our tests
- The many faces of Mock
- Poor Man Debugging
- Creating your own Context Manager
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.