Python for Cybersecurity
Python for Cybersecurity
Automated Cybersecurity for the beginner
About the Book
Python for Cybersecurity is an introductory book designed to help teach Python scripting, Cybersecurity principles, Linux, and automation. This book is designed for learners who have little or no experience in these areas, and builds on we learn through the book with scripts and activities.
Using a learn-by-doing process, the goal of this book is to provide working examples that can be built on and extended. Don't get stuck needing to learn the basics of programming languages before having something useable. Build quickly off what you see.
- Additional resources
Chapter 1: Introduction to Linux and Version Control
- Introduction to the Raspberry Pi
- Introduction to Linux
- Common Linux commands to know
- Absolute vs. Relative paths
- Introduction to Version Control
- Working with Git and GitHub
- Introduction to Python
Chapter 2: Python and IDEs
- Installing Python
- Installing Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio Code and GitHub
- Interactive Python
- Our first Python Script
- Our Second Python Script
- Simple Calculator
Chapter 3: Ping
- Importing modules into Python
- Pinging devices in a network
- Pinging in Python
- First Ping
- Python Conditionals
- Second Ping
- Introduction to Python Loops
- Third Ping
- Python Functions
- Fourth Ping
Chapter 4: More Ping
- Reading Files in Interactive mode
- Reading Files
- Fifth Ping
- Writing Files
- Last Ping
- Scanner Example
Chapter 5: Cryptography
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Simple cryptography - Caesar Cipher
- Creating your own ASCII table
- Pseudo-Encryption - Encoding Data
- Why you shouldn’t create your own encryption scheme
- Using Encryption Libraries
Chapter 6: Hacking Passwords
- How Linux passwords work
- Hashing passwords for Linux
- Creating the same hash twice
- Dictionary Attacks
- Brute-Force Attacks
Chapter 7: Log Files
- Local web server
- Download sample files from Internet
- Simple evaluations - read line-by-line
- Intro to Regular Expressions
- Using Regex to filter Apache logs
- Find most frequent client
- Find status codes
- Finding potential hacking
Chapter 8: Intro to APIs
- Intro to APIs
- Using PostMan
- Introduction to JSON
- First API script
- Second API script
- Automating Passwords
- Authenticating to APIs
- Viewing GitHub repositories
Chapter 9: Cybersecurity APIs
- Manually Scanning for Viruses
- Scanning for Viruses with Python
- Safe browsing on the internet
- Scanning URLs with Python
Appendix - Using Git
- Creating a Personal Access Token
- Cloning GitHub locally
- Pushing changes to GitHub
- Thank You
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.