About the Book
Create GUI Applications is the hands on guide to building desktop apps with Python.
If you want to learn how to write GUI applications it can be pretty tricky to get started. There are a lot of new concepts you need to understand to get anything to work. But, like any code, writing GUI applications requires you to learn to think about the problem in the right way. Starting from the basics of creating your first window, this book takes you on a tour of the key features of PyQt5 you'll use for building real-life applications.
- 780 pages of hands-on PySide6 exercises
- 300+ code examples to experiment with
- Support forum for all readers
- Includes 4 example apps
- Compatible with Python 3.4+
- Code free to reuse in your own projects
- PDF, EPub and Kindle formats
The ebook covers —
- Creating your first Qt Application
- Widgets, Layouts and Dialogs
- Signals & Slots, Actions & Events
- Designing apps with Qt Designer
- Connecting Qt widgets with SQL Databases
- Custom Widgets using compound widgets and bitmap graphics
- Plotting with PyQtGraph and matplotlib
- Threads and Processes in Qt applications, with managers and progress bars
- Packaging your apps for distribution on Windows, macOS and Linux
I've been developing Python desktop applications for 8 years using Qt. It's a great way to create professional-looking and portable apps easily. I've picked up plenty of tricks and I want to pass that knowledge onto you.
About the Author
Hello! I'm Martin, a self-taught programmer with experience dating back over 30 years. I work most happily and most often in Python and enjoy using code to create new and interesting tools. In my spare time I tinker with Python GUIs and MicroPython-powered robots.
You can find more about me, my Python tutorials & projects on my on on my website.