Daily bread in the Psalms
Daily bread in the Psalms
Daily bread in the Old Testament series
About the Book
Quick, relevant and inspirational studies for each chapter of the Bible:
When Jesus taught us to pray “give us today our daily bread”, he wasn’t talking about food, but the word; and when God gave Israel manna in the wilderness the significance of it wasn’t how it filled the tummy, but to show how God would always provide daily spiritual meat for those that search for it.
To read the Bible is one thing, but to teach it is quite another. Many of us find ourselves having to teach the Bible, either at home to our children, or as lay teachers or ministers or group leaders. It can be exhausting to try and find sustenance in sometimes impenetrable text of the old testament.
Using the Daily Bread in the Old Testament series gives you a framework of Bible thoughts for each chapter of the Bible, allowing you to start discussion, create Bible talks and sermons, or simply dig deeper in your own study.
About the series
- Listen to what the Old Testament is telling you, with short, accessible studies for every chapter.
- Suitable for personal study and meditation, and also for study group leaders, lay preachers, clergy, and anyone needing a framework with which to teach the contents of the Bible.
- Ideal to use to generate blog posts and longer articles, or as a starting off point for discussion
- Sourcebook for personal Bible studies and ongoing learning
- Individual books combine to form a set covering the whole Old Testament of the Bible.
About the author
Rob de Jongh is a lifelong Bible student and has been sharing his perspective on the Bible through talks, studies and group work for the last 20 years. He has written over one thousand Bible studies and has become known for his fresh perspective, accessible writing style, and ability to make the Bible relevant. He formerly worked as a non-fiction editor alongside some of the world’s best educators, and helped to devise bestselling books for two successive publishers.
- Reading with your family
- Leading discussion groups
- Preparing a Bible talk or lecture
- Preparing a sermon or exhortation
- Aiding personal Bible study
- How not to use this book!
- Works vs Growth
- Kiss the son, lest he be angry
- Sleeping peacefully
- Thou hast enlarged my steps
- Get the inside right first
- Let my enemies be ashamed
- What if I were judged according to my righteousness?
- Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings
- God makes inquisition for bloodshed
- Why does God appear to allow the poor to be oppressed?
- The LORD will deliver the righteous
- Hiding hatred with lying lips
- Singing to the LORD in times of trouble
- A repeated Psalm
- What kind of person will dwell with God?
- When is no inheritance a better inheritance?
- A prayer when life seems hard
- How the Bible works: Dual applications
- Presumptuous sins
- Chariots of mire
- Saying thank-you for answered prayers
- All they that see
- What is David scared of in the Valley of Death?
- Righteousness by faith or by effort?
- Learning God’s way during trials
- How could David love God’s house before it was ever built?
- I’ve done it!
- Dwelling in God’s house
- God will be a shield to those who trust in Him
- The voice of the LORD upon the waters
- David and Job: brothers in affliction
- Prophecy of Jesus or for Jesus?
- The joy of forgiveness
- David’s thoughts on Noah’s deliverance
- God knows the hearts of kings and princes
- Taste and see that the LORD is good
- Answered prayer builds faith
- Joab’s net
- How God rewards the humble with wisdom
- Where does the signpost lead?
- What it means to be a child of God
- Can illness come because of sin?
- “I am consumed by the blow of thine hand”
- How the Psalms explain the Parables and sayings of Jesus
- The friend who lifted his heel against David
- Why have You forgotten me?
- Thy Holy Hill
- Standing aside from rebellion
- Like father like son
- Taking refuge in God
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.