About the Author
pmStudent was founded in 2006 by Josh Nankivel. Josh is principal of pmStudent and a coach for new and aspiring project managers.
Josh is a working project manager, and has been managing projects in Computing, Financial Services, Telecommunications, and Aerospace for over a decade. Josh’s educational background includes a Bachelor of Science degree in Project Management and he is PMP certified. He uses his experience and love of teaching to empower people to get started and get ahead in their project management careers.
Over the years, we’ve been fortunate to contribute widely and have people say a lot of nice things about pmStudent and Josh:
- Josh is the blog lead emeritus of “The Art of Project Management” from the University of California SC Extension in Silicon Valley
- Alltop lists pmStudent as one of the top project management blogs.
- Josh has been an interview guest on many Project Management Podcast Shows.
- Josh is a contributor at Gantthead, The Online Community for IT Project Managers.
- PHDinManagement.org lists Josh in the Top 20 Management Gurus Worth Following On Twitter.
- Josh has been asked to interviews and to contribute several articles toPMI Career Central.
- Josh has written articles for at ProjectsAtWork and many other websites and blogs.
Josh lives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA with his wife and 3 sons.
Josh receives requests for personal coaching via telephone from time to time, however is not currently able to provide personal live coaching for free due to limitations of time. Josh is a full-time project manager in addition to his writing and training workload for the pmStudent community and various publications.
The best method for tapping into Josh’s knowledge and experience is his training for project management, where Josh shares his best practices for how to get ahead in your project management career and his best practices in specific project management processes.