About the Book
Programming React Native is a book that aims to teach you cross platform mobile app development for both iOS and Anrdoid with the help of Facebook's revolutional React Native framework.
In other words, we want to teach you how to fish, rather than give you the fish.
To put it in bullets, we will:
- Build an app that uses both Native and React Native capabilities
- Learn the differences between iOS and Android
- Learn about Flux and Immutable.js in the context of mobile apps
- Optimize and build a strategy for pragmatic, real-world, code sharing
- Learn when to use which platform-specific component
- Understand how React Native works
- Put good app architecture foundations down, so that even if React Native changes in the future (which is natural), information here will still be useful
About the Author
Dotan Nahum is a founder at Paracode, a boutique software consultancy, and was a former CTO at HiredScore, an AI for HR startup, CTO at Como, a DIY mobile app maker platform. In the past years he had filled various architectural and tech lead roles in the Web and Enterprise software worlds. On his free time, he's also an avid open source creator and contributor, and builds various successful open source projects ranging from Ruby, to Go, Rust, Node.js, React.js, Ember.js, D3, Clojure, and others you can find on his Github account.