Prioritization Frameworks Unpacked
Prioritization Frameworks Unpacked
About the Book
Discover the power of rankings as we explore which prioritization frameworks shine in different development processes. From Agile to Waterfall, we offer insights on how to choose the right framework for your project, based on their compatibility with your methodology.
Dive into MoSCoW, RICE Scoring, the Kano Model, and more, with detailed information about their origins, evolution, and the context in which they excel. It's the ultimate reference guide, ensuring that you have a clear and in-depth understanding of each framework's nuances.
Utilizing a prioritization framework is an art in itself, and this chapter is your canvas. Here, we provide you with practical guidance on how to effectively implement these frameworks. We break down the process, offering actionable steps, tips, and best practices to help you make the most of these methodologies. Whether you're leading an Agile team or steering a Waterfall project, you'll discover the strategies that best suit your approach.
- Why I am qualified for this
- What are my goals for you
- Always aiming to provide good info and earning your business
- What Are Prioritization Frameworks
- Prioritization Frameworks
- MoSCoW Method:
- Value vs. Effort Matrix:
- Kano Model:
- RICE Scoring:
- Eisenhower Matrix:
- Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF):
- Customer-Driven Prioritization:
- Opportunity Scoring:
- Value-based Prioritization:
- Hypothesis-Driven Development:
- Common Problems When You Don’t Effectively Use A Framework
- Diving Into The Frameworks
- MoSCow Method
- Understanding the MoSCoW Method
- Benefits of using MoSCoW
- Steps to Use the MoSCoW Method
- Practical Tips and Considerations
- Value VS Effort Matrix
- Benefits of Using an Effort vs. Impact Matrix:
- Steps to Use an Effort vs. Impact Matrix:
- Tips for Using an Effort vs. Impact Matrix:
- Kano Model
- Benefits of Using the KANO Model:
- Steps to Use the KANO Model:
- Tips for Using the KANO Model:
- RICE Scoring
- Benefits of Using RICE Scoring:
- Steps to Use RICE Scoring:
- Tips for Using RICE Scoring:
- RICE Scoring Conclusion
- Eisenhower Matrix
- Benefits of Using the Eisenhower Matrix:
- Steps to Use the Eisenhower Matrix:
- Tips for Using the Eisenhower Matrix:
- Einsenhower Matrix Conclusion
- Weighted Shortest Job First
- Benefits of Using WSJF:
- Steps to Use WSJF:
- Tips for Using WSJF:
- Weighted Shortest Job First Conclusion
- Customer-Driven Prioritization
- Benefits of Using Customer-Driven Prioritization:
- Steps to Use Customer-Driven Prioritization:
- Tips for Using Customer-Driven Prioritization:
- Customer-Driven Prioritization Conclusion
- Opportunity Scoring
- Benefits of Using Opportunity Scoring:
- Steps to Use Opportunity Scoring:
- Tips for Using Opportunity Scoring:
- Opportunity Scoring Conclusion
- Value-Based Prioritization
- Benefits of Using Value-Based Prioritization:
- Steps to Use Value-Based Prioritization:
- Tips for Using Value-Based Prioritization:
- Value-Based Prioritization Conclusion
- Hypothesis-Driven Development
- Benefits of Using Hypothesis-Driven Development:
- Steps to Use Hypothesis-Driven Development:
- Tips for Using Hypothesis-Driven Development:
- Hypothesis-Driven Development Conclusion
- What Things Should You Consider
- Project Goals and Objectives:
- Project Size and Complexity:
- Team Expertise:
- Data Availability:
- Resource Constraints:
- Market Dynamics:
- Risk Tolerance:
- Stakeholder Input:
- Alignment with Strategy:
- Iterative vs. One-Time Use:
- Cultural Fit:
- Resource Investment:
- Complexity vs. Simplicity:
- Ranking Frameworks For Software Development Process
- Ranking For Agile
- Ranking For Waterfall
- Why These Rankings Matter, But Take With A Grain Of Salt
- Ranking Frameworks By Effort To Utilize
- Recap the basics
- How about getting to the next level
- Now you are advanced
- In the end
- Contact and upcoming content
- Find more @ Agile Rant
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.