Core Service Principles
Core Service Principles
Guidance for Developing Quality Based Service Design Decisions
About the Book
A framework of current principles on which to base modern systems.
- 1. Synopsis
- 2.1 Objective
- 2.2 Risks
- 2.3 Qualities Requirements
- 2.4 Principled Decisions
- 2.5 Categorizing Principles
- 2.6 Count
- 2.7 Culture and Behaviours
- 2.8 Principles
2.9 Organisation Principles
- PRINC-O-POP: Primacy of Principles
- PRINC-O-CWLS: Compliance with Laws and Standards
- PRINC-O-MB4M: Maximize Benefit for the Most
- PRINC-O-DFBC: Develop for Business Continuity
- PRINC-O-AOO: Automate over Operate
- PRINC-O-DFCU: Develop for Common Use
- PRINC-O-DOON: Develop for Opportunity over Needs
- PRINC-O-EOC: Enable over Control
- PRINC-O-EDE: Enrich. Don’t Exploit
- PRINC-O-PFE: Plan for the End
- PRINC-O-POLS: Principle of Least Surprise
- PRINC-O-RIRR: Reuse, Improve, Reinvent over Reuse
- PRINC-O-VOPR: Virtual over Physical Resources
2.10 Information Principles
- PRINC-I-AVOT: Authorised Versions of Truth
- PRINC-I-DIDI: De-identify Shared Information
- PRINC-I-PDP: Provide Data Portability
- PRINC-I-IAIT: Entities can Access and Correct Information about Themselves
- PRINC-I-IIAA: Information is an Asset
- PRINC-I-IFFP: Information is Fit For Purpose
- PRINC-I-IIFR: Information Is for Reuse
- PRINC-I-IISL: Information is Standardized, Versioned and Referenceable
- PRINC-I-LOPD: Logical over Physical Information Disposal
- PRINC-I-LUPI: Limit Use of Personal Information
- PRINC-I-PIPF: Publish Information Publicly First
2.11 Security Principles
- PRINC-S-ATSI: Apply Tokenisation to Sensitive Information
- PRINC-S-DIAL: Data is a Liability
- PRINC-S-DID: Defense in Depth
- PRINC-S-ISPS: Identity First Security
- PRINC-S-ISS: Independently Secure Systems
2.12 Technology Principles
- PRINC-T-CFPL: Cloud First, OnPrem Last
- PRINC-T-LRV: Maintained Services to the Latest Released Version
- PRINC-T-WBW: Wireless before Wired
2.13 Integration Principles
- PRINC-N-ASAF: Accessible Web based REST API First
- PRINC-N-HVP: HTTPS before Virtual Networks before Physical Networks
- PRINC-N-NDC: Notifications before Deltas before Copies
2.14 Architecture Principles
- PRINC-A-9A: 9A over Closed Services
- PRINC-A-ADNU: Automate Devices Not Users
- PRINC-A-DDCS: Distributed before Decentralized before Centralized
- PRINC-A-SCMS: Deliver SCALED, VALUABLE, SMART Services
- PRINC-A-DUS: Deliver Universal Services
- PRINC-A-LCHC: Loosely Coupled, Highly Cohesive
- PRINC-A-MOSP: Micro-Services before Split-Services
- PRINC-A-MTST: Multi-Tenant over Single Tenant
- PRINC-A-SRP: Single Responsibility Principle (SRP)
- PRINC-A-SVD: Stakeholder Qualities Driven
- PRINC-A-UIAC: User Interfaces are Service Clients
2.15 User Interface Principles
- PRINC-U-AFI: Avoid Flow Interruption
- PRINC-U-AO: Avoid Ornament
- PRINC-U-EFUR: Easy to Find, Use, Resolve
- PRINC-U-FACD: From Any Current User Agent
- PRINC-U-OBI: Offer BREAD Based Interfaces
- PRINC-U-PASV: Preferred Outcome Single Views
- PRINC-U-UOC: Undo Over Cancel
2.16 Delivery Principles
- PRINC-Y-DCOT: Automatable Delivery Contracts over Tests
- PRINC-Y-AABF: Appropriate Accessibility before Functionality
- PRINC-Y-APBP: Automated Pipeline Before Product
- PRINC-Y-DVRI: Deliver Validated Value Rapidly and Iteratively
- 3. Appendices
4. Regional Considerations
4.1 New Zealand
- Privacy and Sensitive Data
- Government Agencies
- Information Archiving and Disposal
- 4.1 New Zealand
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.