This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-05-31
About the Book
Stop wasting your time searching on Google, reading StackOverflow! Didn't you have enough already with repeating yourself while coding?
Practical WordPress provides you with many tutorials that are practical and can come handy with any WordPress projects.
All the tutorials are from my website www.ibenic.com where I write and teach about WordPress. This is the offline version which you can read when you do not have acces to the Internet.
Every tutorial is written once I have encountered a similar situation when working on several WordPress projects. Becuase of that, I am 100% positive that you will find these tutorials handy for your own WordPress projects.
Tutorials cover every aspect of WordPress, both front and back:
- Example Front: Using AJAX to upload files to WordPress
- Example Back: Creating Menu Pages using OOP
Book + Code Samples
This package contains the Book and all the final code examples used in this book.
All final code samples from every chapter that is written in this book and has code examples.
About the Book
- How to read and use the code
- Get Code Samples
How to host WordPress on DigitalOcean with ServerPilot
- My hosting experience
- Why Digital Ocean
- Setting your first WordPress site on Digital Ocean
- Setting multiple WordPress sites
Display the Terms of a Custom WordPress Taxonomy
- Linked Terms of WordPress Taxonomy
- Linked Terms in a List
- Custom display of Terms in a WordPress Taxonomy
How to create WordPress Related Posts
- WordPress Related Posts
- Defining the scope of Related Posts
- Understanding the Database
- Creating the query
- Using the Function
- Additional Condition on the Query
Programmatically download a file from WordPress
- The scenario
- The Download button
- Checking the Query Strings
- Downloading the file
WordPress File Upload with AJAX
- The upload form
- Styling the form
- Reading the POST data
- Using the WordPress API wp_handle_upload
- Using the WordPress API media_handle_upload
- Creating a custom WordPress file upload
- Creating a fancy message for each upload or error
- Deleting the Uploaded File
- Creating a Secure Upload and Delete
Show a WordPress Post in a Modal
- Base of the plugin
- Add Bootstrap 3
- Bootstrap 3 Modal
- Shortcode to display the button
- Getting the Post content
- Shortcode in widgets
- Shortcode Usage
Add a new Tab to BuddyPress Profile Page
- Why Would you add a Tab to the BuddyPress Profile Page?
- BuddyPress function
- Adding the new Tab on BuddyPress Profile Page
- Displaying the Tab Content
- Display the Tab Title
- Display the Recent Posts
How to create WordPress Menu Pages with OOP
- How are we going to build it?
- WordPressMenu Class to add WordPress Menu
- Creating a class for WordPress Sub Menus
- Creating a class to create tabs in WordPress Menus
- WordPress Settings in a Class
- Usage Examples:
How to add Custom Columns in WordPress with OOP
- Why use OOP to add Custom Columns in WordPress?
- Our Simple Definition
- Attaching our Column
- Example: Show the User who Last Edited the Post
- WordPress Custom Column Factory
- Example 2: Using our Factory to Create Custom Columns
- Refactoring our Factory
- Example 3: Using our Refactored Factory for Custom Columns
How to Create Sharing Buttons similar to Jetpack
- This is not Jetpack
- Sharing Buttons
- Sharing Functions
- Sharing Classes
Understanding WordPress Menu Items
- What is a WordPress Menu Item?
- Changing the WordPress Menu Item
Handle WordPress Remote Requests with OOP
- WordPress Remote Functions
- WordPress Remote Class
How to Create Dynamic WordPress Email Templates
- Creating Email Templates in WordPress
- WordPress Email Class
- Sending the Email on User Registration
How to Create Extendable WordPress Forms
- How to be Build an Extendable Form
- Extendable WordPress Abstract Form
- WordPress Registration Form Example
How to Create a Sortable WordPress Gallery
- WordPress Gallery
- WordPress Gallery Factory
- WordPress Gallery Examples
How to Create Custom WordPress Post Statuses
- WordPress API for Custom Status
- Custom WordPress Post Status Class
How to Create Custom WordPress Profile Fields
- How to extend the WordPress Profile
- Creating WordPress Profile Fields
- Using our Class to create WordPress Profile Fields
How to Create a Custom WordPress Metabox with OOP
- Adding the WordPress Metabox
- Creating our WordPress Metabox
- Using our WordPress Metabox
- Appendix A: Settings Class
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.