PowerShell & Python on AWS
PowerShell & Python on AWS
Learn How to use PowerShell and Python on AWS
About the Book
This PowerShell & Python on AWS is designed to make readers familiar with the core concept of PowerShell & Python and how you can use the scripting logic of these two languages on AWS.
In this book, you will learn how you can perform the Automation on AWS using PowerShell and Python.
You will also learn how to build a similar approach and logic using these two languages.
If you are already familiar with one of the languages (PowerShell or Python), you can use this book to clear up any confusion about learning another language on AWS.
NOTE - The book is currently unfinished and in progress. As I continue to complete the chapters, we will re-publish the book with the new and updated content. Readers will receive an email once a new version is published!
While the book is in progress, please review it and send any feedback or error corrections at email@example.com
- Book dedicated to
- 1.1 Who is the Target Audience
- 1.2 Prerequisites
- 2.1 PowerShell
- 2.2 Python
- 2.3 Visual Studio Code (Optional - You can use your favorite editor)
3. Required Modules
- 3.1 Install AWS PowerShell module
- 3.2 Install AWS boto3 Python module
- 4. Create IAM User
5. Authenticating AWS
- 5.1 PowerShell Authentication
- 5.2 Python Authentication
6. The Basics
- 6.1 Case Sensitivity
- 6.2 Indentation
- 6.3 Variables
- 6.4 Modules
- 6.5 For Loop
- 6.6 Functions
- 6.7 Methods
- 6.8 Print f-string
- 6.9 Python boto3 Paginators
7. AWS S3 Operations
- 7.1 List Existing S3 Buckets
- 7.2 Create S3 Buckets
- 7.3 Upload a File to S3 Bucket
8. AWS Profiles Operations
- 8.1 Setup Multiple Profiles
- 8.2 Python boto3 Profile
- 8.3 PowerShell Session Profile
- 8.4 PowerShell Command Profile
9. IAM Operations
- 9.1 Get Existing Users list
- 9.2 List Attached Policies from User
- 9.3 List all IAM Policies
- 9.4 Find Arn from Policy Name
- 9.5 Attached Policy to existing User
10. EC2 Operations
- 10.1 Create new EC2 Instance
- 10.2 Get list of Instances IDs
- 10.3 Start/Stop Instances
- 10.4 Terminate EC2 Instance
- 10.5 Waiters
11. Exception Handling
- 11.1 Syntax Error
- 11.2 Runtime Error
- 11.3 Try Block
- 11.4 Catch and Except Block
12. CSV Operations
- 12.1 Reading CSV files
- 12.2 Writing CSV files
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.