About the Book
About the book
pip install python is meant for those who want to start moving their first steps with Python and programming in general.
Hence, you will learn the basics of python and the foundation of programming, without unneeded fluff.
This book is broken down into 10 core Chapters:
- Basic Types: All you need to know about type support in Python. Strings, numeric types, plus...some more!
- Statements: Oh dear, where do we start? Statements! Let’s start figuring out how to organize your code and what support Python gives you to have your code nicely and crisply organized!
- Variables: The recipe of our Py-thon! Let’s put all our ingredients in!
- PythonObjects: How many times you had to separate ingredients in different bowls, to assemble the after? Let’s figure this out!
- Polymorphism: Which “Py” do we want today? Learn the differences between assembling the “Py” and getting a “Py” in different flavors!
- Conditionals and flows: Describing the steps of your recipe! Let’s bake it!
- Loops: More than a single “Py”? I’ve got you covered!
- Files: Fridge? Freezer? Learn some basic steps to store your Py” and eat it too.
- Error handling: “Py” on a fire? Learn how to handle it!
- Documentation: The cook-book. Learn how to write one.
- It works as a very first step into Python programming, thus specifically aimed at first-time programmers. Nonetheless, it embraces all the main concepts needed to really understand the code you will write.
- Writing a book takes a lot of work, months if not years, but let's do things right. Hence, I decided to keep the minimum price low (the cost of a nice coffee). So that also students can easily afford it for a reference guide.
If you enjoy my books and you want to support my writing, you have several options:
- Leanpub pricing strategy, so you can really pick any price you want, appreciate your support!
- go a step further in your knowledge and skills with Code Reviews 101 or any other of my writings.
Meanwhile, hope you will enjoy!
About the Author
Giuliana Carullo - CCSK, PSM certified - is a Research Engineering Manager at Tenable. She has grown her expertise mainly in the Networking, Security, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications and Internet of Things industries. She dealt with research in all the application fields - from academia to industrial research within SMEs and Corporate Companies. Giuliana has 15+ years of software engineering background, meanwhile, she has been doing research for 7+ years, 5 of which in the InfoSec area. Author of 15 research papers and 5+ books, she loves to make even difficult concepts easy to grasp.
Giuliana is in love with the intersection point between science and human behavior. She believes that there is more than one way to good, much more to do bad, but she ends up being really opinionated on what good is.
In her spare time, she loves to write and to help others in doing their best at their jobs and with their careers.
Check out some more on www.giulianacarullo.com or some articles: