Writing PHP with Emacs
This book is 20% complete
Last updated on 2020-05-23
About the Book
Important: This book is a work-in-progress.
My aim is for the book to teach you how to take a brand new Emacs installation and turn it into something tailored just for you. The planned list of content for the book looks a little like this:
Part 1 - Essential Packages
- Using php-mode
- First Steps
- Useful shortcuts (for navigation, viewing documentation and editing code)
- Customization - indentation and coding styles
- Customization - documentation lookup
- Customization - Using TAGS files
- Evaluating inline code using
- Using web-mode
- First steps
- Useful shortcuts
- Customization - indentation
- Explanation and examples of all shortcuts
Part 2 - Getting More out of Emacs
- Checking syntax (and more) with flycheck
- Navigating projects using projectile
- Using lsp-mode
Part 3 - Recipes
- Setting per-project settings using .dir-locals.el
- Generating code quickly with emmet
- Looking up documentation with dash
- Adding a project sidebar using dired-sidebar
Future versions will also include recipes for setting up Emacs to work with some common PHP applications. The current list is WordPress, Drupal 7, Drupal8 and Symfony.
- What this book is working towards
- The structure of this book
- Learning more about Emacs
- Part I: Essential Packages
- First Steps
- Useful Shortcuts
- Customizing - Indentation and Coding Styles
- Customization - PHP Documentation Lookup
- Evaluating PHP code
- Running the built-in server
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.