About the Book
OpenIntro Statistics offers a traditional introduction to statistics at the college level. This textbook is widely used at the college level and offers an exceptional and accessible introduction for students from community colleges to the Ivy League. The textbook has been thoroughly vetted with an estimated 20,000 students using it annually.
OpenIntro Statistics is a high-end textbook ready for use in the classroom, and it offers extra benefits that leave expensive alternatives in the dust:
- every student can access the textbook, even before the course starts, for free;
- black-and-white paperbacks are on Amazon for $20;
- students have forever access to the textbook PDF, including future editions for free; and
- we offer a variety of free supplemental resources, including videos and software labs, on openintro.org.
Self-study learners will be excited to find that
- the textbook is well-maintained and is now in its 4th Edition;
- OpenIntro is heavily used by folks in industry since it focuses on applied statistics; and
- additional resources on openintro.org, including videos and labs, help learners of all types.
Teachers: register at openintro.org/register to get access to teacher-only content.
We welcome tax-deductable donations to OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) at openintro.org/donate.
4th Edition released in 2019.