About the Book
OpenIntro Statistics offers a traditional introduction to statistics at the college level. This textbook is widely used at the college level and offers an exceptional and accessible introduction for students from community colleges to the Ivy League. The textbook has been thoroughly vetted with an estimated 20,000 students using it annually.
Extra benefits of OpenIntro Statistics vs the expensive alternatives:
- Every student can access the textbook, even before the course starts, for free.
- Black-and-white paperbacks are on Amazon for $20.
- Students have forever access to the textbook PDF, including future editions, for free.
- We offer a variety of free supplemental resources, including videos and software labs, on openintro.org.
Self-study learners will be excited to find that:
- The textbook is well-maintained and is now in its 4th Edition.
- OpenIntro is heavily used in industry since it focuses on applied statistics.
- Additional resources on openintro.org, including videos and labs, help learners of all types.
Teachers: register at openintro.org/register to get access to teacher-only content, including the option to get a free desk copy or access to exercise solutions. (Sorry to non-teachers, we don't currently offer exercise solutions beyond our Verified Teachers. Details on our reasoning are here.)
The 4th Edition was released in May 2019. An overview of what has changed in each edition is given here.
About the Editors
OpenIntro is an educational nonprofit focused on making textbooks that are free, transparent, and lower barriers to education. We also feature supporting resources, such as slides, videos, and more.