About the Book
The mission of OpenIntro is to make educational products that are free, transparent, and lower barriers to education. OpenIntro Statistics was our first project, and teachers have been using it in courses at community colleges to courses at Ivy League colleges. It is a world-class textbook that anyone can access, allowing students to focus on learning, not whether they can afford the book.
Teachers can rest easy with our textbook, knowing that
- students can easily access the textbook before the course even starts,
- every student will have a copy of the textbook,
- FULL COLOR hardcover versions are available on Amazon for $24.99 (openintro.org/os/amazon),
- black-and-white paperbacks are on Amazon for $14.99,
- students will always have access to their course textbook, including future editions for free, and
- we offer a variety of additional resources, including videos and software labs, for free on openintro.org.
Self-study learners will be excited to find that
- they can grab a PDF from our website, even if they grab a copy here,
- they are in good company, since OpenIntro is used by many people outside of regular courses, and
- additonal resources are provided on openintro.org to help hone skills and knowledge, including videos and labs.
Developers can find the source files for OpenIntro Statistics on GitHub, which are available under a Creative Commons BY-SA license.
OpenIntro is driven by passion, and we're excited to now host a copy of our textbook on LeanPub to allow readers to, if they wish and can afford to, contribute funds back to the project to help us expand our outreach efforts.