About the Book
What you'll learn:
- The differences between primitive and reference values
- The various ways of creating an object
- The difference between data properties and accessor properties using ECMAScript 5
- How to define your own constructors
- How to work with and understand prototypes
- Various inheritance patterns for types and objects
- How to create private and privileged object members
- How to prevent modification of objects using ECMAScript 5 functionality
Bundles that include this book
Table of Contents
- Who This Book Is for
- Help and Support
Chapter 1: Primitive and Reference Types
- What are types?
- Primitive Types
- Reference Types
- Instantiating Built-in Types
- Identifying Arrays
Chapter 2: Functions
- Declarations vs. Expressions
- Functions as Values
- Object Methods
Chapter 3: Understanding Objects
- Defining Properties
- Detecting Properties
- Removing Properties
- Types of Properties
- Property attributes
- Preventing Object Modification
Chapter 4: Contructors and Prototypes
Chapter 5: Inheritance
- Prototype Chaining and Object.prototype
- Object Inheritance
- Constructor Inheritance
- Constructor Stealing
- Accessing Supertype Methods
Chapter 6: Object Patterns
- Private and Privileged members
- Scope-Safe Constructors
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them