Writing Resilient & Reusable Code in PHP 7
About the Book
Most PHP developers have a clear understanding of what technical debt looks like and the business necessity of having resilient and reliable code. With the release of PHP 7, the Object-Oriented language features of PHP have matured significantly. This book seeks to discuss how you can use Object-Oriented PHP now.
In order to rapidly deliver value through software, your codebase needs to be resilient to the forces of change. This book will guide you through using Object-Orientation in modern PHP to deliver a reliable and reusable code throughout the design, development and construction phases. Whether working on a brand new codebase or refactoring existing code, this book will discuss the patterns to ensuring your codebase is resilient and reliable for years to come.
- An Introduction to Object-Orientation (Classes, Scalar Type Hinting, Interfaces, Abstract Classes, Inheritance, Coding Standards)
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming (Advanced OOP, Magic Methods, Polymorphism, Generators, Composition vs Inheritance, Traits)
- SOLID Design Principles
- Gang of Four Design Patterns
- Testing (Unit Testing, Integration Testing and End-to-End Testing)
- Identifying Code Smells and improving code quality through Refactoring
What Design Patterns does this book cover?
- Abstract Factory
- Builder Pattern
- Composite Pattern
- Adapter Pattern
- Chain-of-Responsibility Pattern
- Observer Pattern
- Code Style
- Errata and Comments
Back to Basics
- Composer Package Manager
- Scalar Types Hinting
- Abstract Classes
- Coding Standards
- Magic Methods
- Dependency Injection
- Composition vs Inheritance
SOLID Design Principles
- Single Responsibility Principle
- Open/Closed Principle
- Liskov Substitution Principle
- Interface Segregation Principle
- Dependency-Inversion Principle
An Introduction to Design Patterns
- Design Pattern Principles
- Creational Design Patterns
- Structural Design Patterns
- Behavioural Design Patterns
- Unit Testing
- Conclusion (Testing Matters!)
How to Write Better code
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.