Tips and Tricks with Templates
About the Book
One of the problems that C++ programmers face using templates is understanding the complex syntax. Mastering Templates can be a game-changer when programming C++, as it is a powerful feature for writing clean code.
In this book from the Notebook C++ series, the author Andreas Fertig shows you tips and tricks on how to write templates efficiently. It starts with the basics, like the different template parameter types and techniques like always_false. You’ll then learn more about best practices. For example, where to put the enable_if and how to disable a special member function.
Notebook C++: Tips and Tricks with Templates is a quick-reference book where you can find the information the moment you need it for programming.
- Notes by Standard at a Glance
- Notes belonging to C++11
- Notes belonging to C++17
- Notes belonging to C++20
- 1 Tips and Tricks with Templates
- Note 1 : Know the name
- Note 2 : Templates can have type and non-type parameters
- Note 3 : When to use
- Note 4 : The parts of a variadic template
- Note 5 : There are no implicit conversions for template parameters
- Note 6 : Alias template for clean TMP
- Note 7 : Variable template for clean TMP
- Note 8 : The trailing-return-type with
- Note 9 : Use
declvalwhen you need to construct a type for testing during compile-time
- Note 10 : What
- Note 11 : Keep that array's size
- Note 12 : There is no else if in C++
- Note 13 : More useful than it appears:
- Note 14 : Prefer
autoas NTTP to reduce redundancy
- Note 15 : Block template argument deduction
- Note 16 : Fold expressions and the comma operator
- Note 17 : Poor men's fold expressions
- Note 18 : From an array to a pack
- Note 19 : From an array to a pack with templated lambda
- Note 20 : Create objects in place for direct use
- Note 21 : Guidelines for efficient use of templates
- Note 22 : Put
enable_ifon the return type
- Note 23 :
enable_ifand how to disable a member function
- Note 24 : How to disable a special member function
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.