The New Engineering Game
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-01-10
About the Book
Organizations face an increasing complex and dynamic environment on the market. The Internet of Things and in particular the industrial internet respectively Industry 4.0 change the rules.
The development of systems requires a new kind of engineering and thinking. Companies that are capable of adapting themselves to the frequent and partially disruptive changes in the complex and dynamic markets will be successful in the future.
The book closes the gap between high-level reflections about digitalization and daily engineering methods and tools.
After an introduction and motivation of the theme, the book describes the first three industrial revolutions and their consequences and concludes with the predicted fourth industrial revolution. In light of the fourth industrial revolution, the second chapter explains the need for a new kind of engineering. The third chapter provides valuable principles, patterns, methods, and tools for engineering organizations to be successful on the playfield of the age of digitalization.
- About MBSE4U
- About Tim Weilkiens
- History and Outlook
- 1. Introduction
2. The Industrial Revolutions
- 2.1 The First Industrial Revolution
- 2.2 The Second Industrial Revolution
- 2.3 The Third Industrial Revolution
- 2.4 The Fourth Industrial Revolution
3. The Context of the New Engineering Game
- 3.1 Globalization
- 3.2 Complexity and Dynamic
- 3.3 Conway’s Law
- 3.4 Cyber-physical Systems
- 3.5 Interdisciplinary Engineering
- 3.6 The Resurrection of Craftsmanship
- 3.7 New Work
- 3.8 Gap of Slackness
- 3.9 Project Heroes and Burnout
4. Tools for the New Engineering Game
- 4.1 Conway’s Turtles and Rabbits
- 4.2 Cynefin Framework
- 4.3 Business Model and Value Proposition Canvas
- 4.4 Business Model Navigator
- 4.5 Business Motivation Model
- 4.6 Base Architecture
- 4.7 Zigzag Pattern
- 4.8 Design Thinking
- 4.9 Complex Product Engineering
- 4.10 Functional Architecture
- 4.11 Model-Based Engineering (MBE)
- 4.12 REThink 4.0
- 4.13 Agile and Lean Systems Engineering
- Image references
This book is published on Leanpub by MBSE4U
Publishing on the Pulse of the Markets
MBSE4U is a publishing house for books about MBSE. They are intended to be regularly updated to align the content with the highly dynamic systems engineering domain.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.