NetLogo: A Modeling Tool
NetLogo: A Modeling Tool
About the Book
When we decided to write down our experiences of NetLogo in the form of a book with a view to helping others to become familiar with its use, we realized that it would not be sufficient to project these as a series of problems and solutions making use of the language; leaning on the experience gained over previous years, we decided that we would need to start by taking a step back and to engage in the creation of a programming guide for users who, in many cases, had no experience of other programming languages (although the tutorial provided by the creators of NetLogo on their website is very comprehensive and indispensable to every user, our students and collaborators were demanding a more structured learning process).
We have therefore attempted to write an ambitious book with the aim of meeting the needs of readers who are seeing NetLogo for the first time, perhaps with no prior knowledge of programming, perhaps with no prior knowledge of modeling, and at the same time going into less apparent detail, for those who have already had some experience of this tool. We hope that we have managed to achieve our goal and that we do not disappoint.
- An overview of NetLogo. Its background and environment.
- Familiarizing yourself with NetLogo.
- Using NetLogo like a classic Logo. The case of a single turtle.
- The protagonists of NetLogo. Working with multiple agents.
- An introduction to the NetLogo programming language.
- Creating the user interface. Controls, Graphics and Documentation
- Discovering the potential of NetLogo: Agent Sets
- Advanced use of Lists
- Interacting with the user. Handling the mouse and message systems
- Input and output. Recording the world, images, videos and files
- Graphs/Networks in NetLogo
- Mixing mobile agents and networks
- Leaping into the Third Dimension: NetLogo 3D
- Additional Tools: Applets, BehaviorSpace and HubNet
- Extending the language: Profiler, Sound, GIS, Arrays and Tables...
- Project proposal
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.