Nerd Life Balance
Nerd Life Balance
The Art of Open Sourcing Your Life
About the Book
The fact is that work and life are so much more than faucets we turn off and walk away from. Instead of becoming frustrated at trying to compartmentalize, we should think about making our lives more congruent. Work skills and talents should not be one dimensional, but can be thought of as two sides of Velcro that fit together snugly.Here's a secret: If you find something that you are genuinely excited about and you are fortunate enough to do it as a "job" you can and should share that passion with your family and friends. What if your work and life talents were not separate but simply part of who you are?
You see, life is awesome when this thing called "work" becomes another way of expressing the passions in your life.The intent of this book is to:
- Help you find the refactoring mindset for your life
- Motivate you toward finding a place that fits your passions
- Help answer that question that has been a constant hum in the back of your mind... "So now what?"
- Start a discussion so that we can all get "better" (not perfect) at this whole work-life thing.
This book is:
- Based on a collection of real world experience from many people
- Intentionally filled with satire and fun to help us all take ourselves a little less seriously
- Filled with Nerd and Geek culture references to illustrate our need for refactoring
- Designed to speak to anyone who is passionate about doing what they love (defined by this book as a 'nerd') but feel like they can't
- Has projects that you can do with your family and friends
- Intended to generate thinking and discussion over what this whole work life thing is supposed to be.
This book is NOT:
- A self-help book
- Intended to be read but never shared
- Just for "computer" nerds but rather for all nerd-kind
- A Bit On This Book
- The Beginning Is The End
- The Problem
- The Great Deception
- The 3D Expectation
- The Paradox
- The Roll For Initiative
- The BAF
The Behavior Parables
- The Death Of A Tauntan
- The Costco Mentality
- Infinite Planning
- The Steam Powered Punch
- Taking A Quantum Leap
- The Pain Of Sand
- Talking About Things
- The Board Of Directors
- Going Mental
The End Is The Beginning
- OPEN SOURCE YOUR LIFE
- Project: Hello World
- Project: Playing with matches
- Project: Magnetic Appeal
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.