About the Book
MONEY FOR SOMETHING TEACHES THE 12 FUNDAMENTALS OF INVESTING THAT CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!
It’s a simple and easy-to-read guide explaining why you should be investing, what you can achieve through investing, and describing a specific plan anyone can implement.
IN LESS THAN AN HOUR, YOU WILL LEARN…
- Why everyone should be investing, including you.
- How to view wealth in terms of financial freedom.
- The twelve simple, but powerful fundamentals of investing, that have worked for generations.
- How to create an investment plan.
- How to side-step fees and avoid the common pitfalls.
- A step-by-step process to implement your plan, wherever you live.
PRAISE FROM PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD
“Brilliant clear-headed quick explanation of everything a non-investor needs to know. Don’t delay getting this book, and doing what it says. It will only take you an hour to read, and an hour to put into action. Then you’ll be making passive investments, instead of saying ‘someday...’”
– Derek Sivers, Founder of CD Baby, three-time TED speaker
“Investing isn’t rocket science, despite what the alchemists of the financial industry would like you to believe. Matt shows you in simple steps how to build a no-frills portfolio using basic concepts anyone can understand. It’s not going to make you a millionaire overnight — but almost nothing that's legal will! Instead, you’ll learn how to side-step the fees, stop acting like a day trader, and reap the power of compound interest. Get to it.”
– David Heinemeier Hansson, Partner at 37signals & author of New York Times bestseller, REWORK
“Money for Something blends real-world advice with illustrations to create a fun to read and easy to understand financial book, unlike any you’ve ever read before.”
– Mike Rohde , Illustrator of New York Times bestseller, REWORK
“A concise and sensible primer to investing.”
– Michael Tsai , Owner C-Command software & MIT alumnus
“This book provides compelling, pragmatic, no-gimmick, easy-to-follow tips to empower anyone to maximize their retirement savings to the extent that they can afford. It’s a must-read for any young person who is just starting their career.”
— Philip Guo, Software engineer at Google & Stanford Ph.D.
“Money for Something is a wonderful quick read that explains investing for your future in a simple and safe way. The advice in this book will allow anyone to save and grow their hard-earned money with great results!”
– Craig Rowland, Author of The Permanent Portfolio
Visit the book website at MoneyForSomethingBook.com
Table of Contents
- Who is this guide for?
- What is financial freedom?
- Compounding returns
- Asset classes
- Risk & return
- Investment period
- Asset allocation
- Passive investments
- The tyranny of costs
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Implementing the plan
- Stay the course
- Final thoughts
- Teach a man to fish
- About the author