How to create contentment in your work and personal life
About the Book
The world of work is broken. We're building teams that are optimised for productivity, without concern for the wellbeing of the people (or "resources"!) within those teams. As individuals, we can often feel like we're lost as small, insignificant parts of a much larger system. It's a path which leads to burnout, jadedness and general dissatisfaction, which can swallow some of the best members of our organisations.
We can take the power back. In Finding Mojovation, Neil Studd shows how we can influence positive changes within our workplace, helping to grow better teams while also retaining our innate sense of individuality.
By reading this book, you'll learn:
- How popular motivational theories survive analysis when held under the lens of remote working and the "new normal".
- How to empower yourself to take ownership of your personal career growth, regardless of the environment around you.
- How to shape your life to create serendipitous opportunities for happiness.
- How to ensure that success is not at the expense of your personal health and wellbeing.
- About the Author
- Who is this book for?
- Why are you writing about this?
- Why should I listen to you?
- 1.The Next Normal
- Modernising through adversity
- Back to the old normal?
- What even is a “working week”?
- Working smarter, not harder
- 2.Remote Working
- A different working day
- Your physical health
- Your mental health
- Maintaining boundaries
- 3.Remote Collaboration and Teamwork
- Meeting culture
- Sparking a conversation
- Collaborating on tasks
- 4.Conflict and Challenges
- Office politics
- Changing demands and deadlines
- Being asked to do “bad work”
- 5.Considering a Job Change
- Better the devil you know?
- Quitting should be a last resort
- If salary is the issue
- Leveraging internal opportunities
- Your CV as a sales tool
- Using your network
- Chasing multiple roles
- Spotting red flags
- Interviewing in a remote world
- If you don’t get the role
- 7.Know Your Career Path
- Embarking on a career
- On passion
- 8.Get Organised
- A bucket list, or a f*** it list?
- Macro career goals
- Micro career goals
- Beating burnout with rewards
- Visualise it
- 9.Pushing Yourself Forwards
- Seek forgiveness, not permission
- Know what’s yours, and take it
- The power of nudges
- Avoiding negative nudges
- 10.Rest and Recovery
- Gimme a break
- Working 9 to 5
- The 7 types of rest
- 11.When The World Is Against You
- In the workplace
- (Anti?-)Social media
- Taking control
- Everything matters, but nothing matters terribly
- Getting more done by saying no
- If it feels good, do it
- Measuring happiness
- Little victories
- What if?
- The happy planet
- 15.Further Reading
- 16.Mojovation Consulting
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.