About the Book
Who is this for?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about Java programming up to and including Java 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Praise for "What's New in Java 8"
What is covered?
Java and the JVM platform have made huge strides in the past several years. In Project Lambda, Java got lambda expressions, method-references, and default and static methods on interfaces. Java 9 adds modularity, jshell, and Reactive support. At the same time, many new frameworks have reached full maturity and vastly improved over the previous models for building, testing, and developing web applications.
This book will help you understand:
- Java 9, including: Project Jigsaw, JShell, language updates, and Reactive support.
- Java 8, including: Project Lambda, the new Date-Time API, Streams, default methods, Nashorn, and more.
- Concurrent programming such as Akka, Fork/Join, Futures, Promises, Parallel Streams, and RxJava.
- Great web frameworks in Java, such as Spring Boot, Spark, Play, and Ratpack.
- The fundamentals of Groovy and how it can improve your Java projects.
- Testing with JUnit and Spock.
- Building with Gradle.
- Microservices, REST, Cloud...
- Logback, Hibernate, Guava...
- What's new in Java 10 and 11?
- Much more...
Java is a registered trademark of Oracle. You can find Java here on Oracle's website.
About the Author