About the Book
Who is this for?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about Java programming up to and including Java 17. It helps to have a background in some programming language and a basic understanding of Java.
What is covered?
Java and the JVM platform have made huge strides in the past several years. In Project Lambda, Java got lambda expressions, method-references, and default and static methods on interfaces. Java 9 added modularity, jshell, and Reactive support. Java 10-11 added local variable type inference (var) and Java 12-17 added switch expressions, pattern matching instanceof, multi-line strings, and records. At the same time, many new frameworks have reached full maturity and vastly improved over the previous models for building, testing, and developing web applications.
This book will help you understand:
- The new features released in Java 10-17, such as "var", multi-line strings, and records
- Java 9+, including: Project Jigsaw, JShell, language updates, and Reactive support.
- Java 8+, including: Project Lambda, the new Date-Time API, Streams, default methods, Nashorn, and more.
- Concurrent programming such as Fork/Join, Futures, Promises, Parallel Streams, and RxJava.
- Great web frameworks in Java, such as Spring Boot, Spark, Play, and Ratpack.
- The fundamentals of Groovy and how it can improve your Java projects.
- Testing with JUnit and Spock.
- Building with Maven and Gradle.
- Microservices, REST, Cloud...
- Logback, Hibernate, Guava...
- Much more...
Java is a registered trademark of Oracle. You can find Java here on Oracle's website.
About the Author