About the Book
Second Edition is now out!
It's an exciting time to be a programmer, especially in the JVM space. Java 7 is production ready, Java 8 is getting closer to completion, while other JVM languages, like Groovy and Scala, have been increasing in popularity. With the accelerating pace of change in technology, it's important to always be learning and looking forward to the latest and greatest technology.
This book will help you:
- Learn all the new features of Java 7
- Understand how JUnit theories and Hamcrest can help you write better tests.
- Work with in-depth examples of Groovy and Scala code.
- Learn the design patterns and principles of Groovy and Scala and how they can improve your Java skills.
- Understand the latest frameworks for concurrent programming on the JVM.
- Get tips on Maven, Gradle, Grails, Play and more.
This book is meant for the following people:
- People who want to learn about the latest Java and JVM technology.
- Java developers who are curious about Groovy, Scala, etc.
- Developers who believe that learning about other tools and languages make them better developers.
"bought both of your books (Modern Java & Modern Programming) and let me tell you, what a great value and extremely good content" - RozzotDisclaimer
Java is a registered trademark of Oracle. You can find Java here on Oracle's website.
About the Author
Adam Davis makes software. He's spent many years developing in Java (since Java 1.2) and has enjoyed using Spring and Hibernate. Since 2006 he's been using Groovy and Grails in addition to Java to create SaaS web applications that help track finances for large institutions (among other things). Adam has a Masters and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science from Georgia Tech.