Sabotage at Modern Workplace
Sabotage at Modern Workplace
About the Book
The recently declassified Simple Sabotage Field Manual that has been created during World War 2 by the American Office of Strategic Services (the predecessor of todays CIA) has proven to be a most useful resource. You can grab a copy on the internet and read all about sabotaging railways, factories and other things during a war. But the real marvel of the work begins at page 28, in a chapter entitled General Interference with Organizations and Production. And in there, you will find all sabotaging techniquest that are still relevant today as in the days of WW2, perhaps even more.
Our book is partly based on the original Field Manual, however we have added many modern sabotaging techniques, especially regarding organizational changes and implementing new methods and processes, from our daily work. We have paid special attention to sabotaging agility, because normally we help companies adopt agile principles and practices and sabotage comes into our way many times.
- Versions of this book
- Motivation for sabotage
- Motivation for stopping sabotage from happening
Types of sabotage
- Pseudo-productive sabotage techniques
- Obstructive sabotage techniques
- Destructive sabotage techniques
Common sabotage techniques
- Hold many long meetings
- Never decide anything by yourself
- Never let any decision to be made
- Always advocate “caution”
- Misunderstand orders
- Insist on perfection
- Use documentation to your “advantage”
- Postpone any tough conversations
- Punish anyone trying to “steal” control from you
- Write email, even if the recipient is sitting next to you
- Impress everybody by making many statements
- Cover up your mistakes (blame someone else, if you have to)
- Marginalize achievements of others
- Use your phone when on a meeting or when talking to others
- Build on functional expertise, discourage generalization
- Never ask “why?”
Sabotage techniques for managers
- Replace people with resources
- Hire rockstars
- Cut training
- Make training a punishment
- Give misleading and / or incomplete instructions
- Reward incompetence
- Punish constructive disagreement
- Keep everybody insecure
- Reverse priorities of work
- Use incentives to “motivate” people
- Change peoples’ roles frequently
- Become an “expert”
- Give process-related work to your hard workers
Sabotage techniques for support and administrative staff
- Make mistakes
- Delay everything
- Meddle with people and priorities
- Filter information
- Keep secrets
- Create enemies with teambuilding
- Complain about problems in the workplace
- Introduce social events
- Organize company-wide evening parties
- Reward enthusiasm, punish constructive opposition
Sabotaging organizational changes and adoption of new processes and tools
- A methodology is just a word
- Create many new roles with complex descriptions
- Insist on creating formal processes
- Disrupt communication channels
- Add “social” aspect to all changes
- Use feedback in a clever way
- Create precise change plans
Recognizing and preventing sabotage
- Recognizing sabotage
- Preventing sabotage
- The moral dimension
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.