This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2020-04-19
About the Book
If you are reading this book you may be interested in programming for the first time. Maybe it isn't your first time trying to learn to program either? This book is very different than other books that claim to teach you programming. It eliminates a large part of Python that you simply don't need.
Even books that have "learn" in the title introduce readers to hopelessly complex topics like object-oriented programming or concurrency. It turns out YAGNI (You Ain't Gonna Need It). Why teach students topics they won't use either ever, or not for a few years?
Don't worry if you failed before, you may have read a book written by an expert for an expert. Let's fix that and teach you just what you need to get started in a career in Data Science, Data Engineering, Software Engineering or Cloud Computing.
Chapter 1: Learn to execute commands in Python
- Execute Commands in Colab Notebook
- Write procedural code
- Use simple expressions and variables
- Work with the built-in types
- Perform basic math operations
- Use classes and objects with dot notation
- Learn to loop with for loops
- Repeat with while loops
- Learn to handle exceptions
- Use conditionals
Chapter 2: Learn to store data
- Is all about state
- List comprehensions
- The fantastic dictionary
Chapter 3: Learn to create functions
- What can you do with a function?
Chapter 4: Test your functions
- Don’t use unittest
- Questioning testing
Chapter 5: Build a command-line tool with Click
- Useful basics
- Standard library tools
- Introduction to Click
Chapter 6: Build a web application with Flask
- HTTP Basics
- The most simple web application
- URLs to Python code
- Creating an application
Chapter 7: Do some data science with Pandas
- Data Science Workflow
- Date-based EDA
- State-Based Analysis
- Search for Features: Political, Health and Finance
Chapter 8: Data Science Libraries
- Learn numpy
- Learn sklearn
- Learn pandas
- Learn tensorflow
- Use seaborn for 2D plots
- Specialized Visualization Libraries
- Learn Natural Language Processing Libraries
- 2D Plots
- Protein-Fat-Carb 3D Plot
Chapter 9: How to get a job in tech
- Build a real portfolio project and share it
- User experience
Chapter 10: Case Studies and War Stories
- War Story: Multi-inheritance hell
- Interview Question Breakdown: Greedy Coin
- Interview Question Breakdown: Traveling Salesman problem
- Interview Question Breakdown: Introduction to Big O notation in Python
- Good interviews
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.