About the Book
This brochure includes technology recipes for the implementation of microservices. The code for the examples can be downloaded for free.
What are Microservices?
- Independent Systems Architecture Principles
- Self-contained Systems
- Why frontend integration?
- Recipe: ESI (Edge Side Includes)
- Definition: asynchronous microservices
- Why asynchronous microservices?
- Recipe: Kafka
- Alternatives recipe: Atom
- Definition: synchronous microservices
- Why synchronous microservices?
- Recipe: Kubernetes
- Alternative recipe: Netflix, Consul, Cloud Foundry
The last chapter explains how to deepen the knowledge about technologies for microservices further.
About the Authors
Eberhard Wolff has 15+ years of experience as an architect and consultant - often on the intersection of business and technology. He is a Fellow at INNOQ in Germany. As a speaker, he has given talks at international conferences and as an author, he has written more than 100 articles and books e.g. about Microservices. His technological focus is on modern architectures – often involving Cloud, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Microservices or NoSQL.
We’re an IT consultancy with offices in Germany and Switzerland. We provide software architecture consulting, product development, and training services.