Your First Meteor Application
Last updated on 2015-06-09
About the Book
Note: I'll be releasing a screencast series based on this book and subscribers to the Meteor Tips newsletter will get a huge discount on these screencasts. You can click here to register for the newsletter to access that same discount.
- Your applications are real-time by default, similar to desktop applications.
- There's a lot of books and screencasts to help you along the way.
Oh, and Meteor also happens to be designed for developer happiness and is a great fit for beginners and, well, that's more than three things. Point is: I am well and truly on the Meteor bandwagon and I plan to be here for a long while.
But anyway, like I mentioned, there's a lot of books and screencasts dedicated to Meteor. There's Discover Meteor, Evented Mind, a course from PluralSight, and quite a few more. It might seem strange to mention my "competitors" on this page but I don't feel like we're competing since this book — Your First Meteor Application – isn't meant for the same audience.
This book is designed for beginners and only for beginners, meaning:
- You won't need any prior experience with Meteor.
- You won't need to have made a web application before.
- You won't need to consult other sources along the way.
- You'll know how to talk in the language of Meteor.
- You'll be more capable of consulting other resources.
- You'll be able to start playing with your own code.
Your First Meteor Application is not a definitive guide to Meteor. You won't be a full-fledged developer by the final page. You will, however, understand the core concepts that will make your future education in Meteor a lot more approachable.
If that sounds like a fit for you, it probably is.
If it doesn't sound like a fit, then you're probably right.
In either case, the entire book can be read online for free.
Feel free to let me know what you think of it:
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms