Modulithic Applications with Spring
Modulithic Applications with Spring
About the Book
Monoliths and microservices represent two opposing ends in the spectrum of architectural arrangements of software systems. Modulithic Applications with Spring explores the space between those extremes and how software systems built with Java can be designed to give architects means to align functional, operational and developmental requirements to different abstraction levels of their system design.
The book takes you on a tour starting at fundamental project decomposition approaches, outlines ways to bridge architecture and code, and ends up discussing how Spring and its ecosystem of projects help developers to take their architectural concepts from idea to implementation.
- Decomposing a Java project for encapsulation
- Representing architectural concepts in a code base
- How to extract those concepts for documentation purposes
- Application component design and how Spring helps to assemble those
- Domain- and persistence model design with jMolecules and Spring Data
- Cross-module interaction
- Testing individual modules as well as the system as a whole
- About This Book
- The role of Domain-Driven Design
- How to read this book?
- What this book is not
- Sample code
1. Project decomposition
- 1.1 Encapsulation options within a deployable
- 1.2 Arranging packages for encapsulation
2. Architecturally evident code
- 2.1 Fundamentals
- 2.2 jMolecules
- 2.3 Domain code decoupling
3. Component design in Spring applications
- 3.1 What is a component?
- 3.2 Implementing components in Spring
- 3.3 Designing newables
4. Moduliths and persistence
- 4.1 Fundamentals
- 4.2 JPA persistence with jMolecules
5. Cross-module interaction
- 5.1 Fundamentals
- 5.2 Spring application events
- 5.3 Error scenarios
- 5.4 Types of dependencies
- 6.1 Moduliths package conventions
- 6.2 Integration testing modules
- 6.3 Documenting modules
- About the cover
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.