This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2013-12-02
About the Book
What you will learn from reading this book :
- Structuring web applications using Backbone/Marionette
- Modular design patterns using RequireJS/AMD
- Decoupled application architecture using Pub/Sub, Request/Response and Command patterns
- Handle REST API's with Backbone.Collection
- Endless scrolling in a Backbone.Collection and CompositeView
- Advanced client-side routing concepts
- Complex client-side views with layouts, regions and compound views
- "Loading Views" via Brian Mann/BackboneRails.com
- Interactive UI using D3 Data-Visualzations in a Marionette itemview
- Hybrid "Asset Pipeline" using RequireJS/AMD.
- Open source package managers: Bower and NPM
- Build minimized app and deploy to Cloud9 or Heroku
- Bootstrap and responsive web design. Look good on mobile, tablet or desktop
- CoffeeScript Love
Follow me as I take you through my own open source journey as you write a scaleable Marionette application using a hybrid AMD/Rails "asset pipeline" approach.
Each chapter plans on breaking down my own application I've created, going through the bits and pieces, as well as just getting started creating your very own Marionette application.
// Note from me! //
Hey guys, as you can see, the book is listed as 100%. I feel that the work is done. I need to move on to other projects. I have other work to do.
If there is anything that you feel fuzzy on, and would like me to take a better stab at, please, I encourage you to reach out to me and let me know.
I will do what I can do to rework things.
Thanks for everything !
1 Marionette Expose Preface
- 1.1 What is Twitch.tv ?
- 1.2 TwitchTVExpose - My Application
- 1.3 Why Did You Do It, Jack?
- 1.4 Working with Coffeescript!
2 Application Architecture
- 2.1 Modular Message Patterns
- 2.2 Observer Pattern (pub/sub)
- 2.3 Request/Response Pattern
- 2.4 Command Pattern
- 2.5 Decoupled Modules
3 My Hybrid Rails/AMD Asset Pipeline
- 3.1 Index.html
- 3.2 Main.Coffee
4 Starting the Marionette Application
- 4.1 Apps/load
- 4.2 App.coffee - The Big Guy
5 Modular Apps
- 5.1 The About App
- 5.2 The Header App
- 5.3 The Footer App
- 5.4 An Encounter With D3
- 5.5 The Games App
- 5.6 The Streams App
- 5.7 The Player App
- 6.1 Header.entities
- 6.2 OSS.entities (OpenSource Software)
- 6.3 Appstate.entities
- 6.4 User.entities
- 6.5 Reference.entities
- 6.6 Author.entities
- 6.7 TwitchTV.entities
7 Build and Deploy
- 7.1 R.js the RequireJS Optimizer
- 7.2 Shell script
- 7.3 Deploying
- 7.4 Cloud9
- 7.5 Heroku
- 7.6 Express Static Server
- 7.7 Using Cloud 9 With Heroku
- 7.8 Open Source Dependency Management
- 7.9 TwitchTV API
- 7.10 Working with Github
- 8.1 Shoutout To !
- 8.2 What I Have Learned Here (And Hopefully What You Learned!)
- 8.3 Outro
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.