Last updated on 2015-09-14
About the Book
I’m a gamer. I’ve been a gamer since before I was a programmer. And yet I’ve never tried to build a game…until now. A few weeks ago, a coworker sketched a simple, beautiful platform game. The moment I saw it, I knew I wanted to build it.
Knowing where to begin is always hard. Many books and tutorials about making games are often written in Java, C++ or some other language you haven’t learned yet. So the complexity of making games is increased with the need to learn new languages.
The Game Loop
- Setting the stage for our game
- Creating sprites
- The Game Loop
- Making modules
- Detecting input
- Natural player movement
- Creating boxes
- Detecting circle collisions
- Detecting rectangle collisions
- Cleaning up our existing code
- Adding gravity to the world
- Allowing players to jump
- Creating our first ladder
- Allowing players to climb ladders
- Allowing players to stand on ladders
- Camera Locking
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...