About the Book
This book will cover off all of the basic topics to get you from zero to junior pentester level. It aims to cover off all of the basic topic areas that anyone hoping to break into security should understand & web app testing/hacking
- Introduction - Outlining who the book is aimed at, why it exists and what to expect in the
- other sections.
- Core Fundamentals - Explains the basics of how networking and the internet works.
- Operating Systems - A sub-section for each operating system and the benefits/tools for each.
- Virtualization - Explanation on what it is and why it is useful to know about.
- Programming - Some fundamentals on logic and scripting.
- Infrastructure - Building on the basic networking, explaining the role of infrastructure in
- penetration testing.
- Web Application Testing - breaking down web application testing and what is involved, some
- methodologies and tips too.
- Importance of Reporting - Explaining how to compile your evidence in a professional way,
- also expanding on how to write a good report.
- People Skills - How to build your connections and get your foot in the door.
- Penetration Testing - Explaining what is involved in the job, what to expect and how to keep
- Hacking Your Career Path - Some tips on preparing a CV & applying a more creative approach.
- Further Reading & Resources - Links and books to checkout to further your learning.
About the Author
My name is Andy aka ZephrFish, I work as a Penetration Tester within the Information Security sector. I have worked in IT for just over a decade and specifically security for just over six years. My interests lie in Penetration Testing, Infrastructure, Web Applications, Red Team research and Bug Bounty Hunting. However, I'm not your conventional geek. I also train martial arts, go outside and actively socialise with the outside world.