Linux System Administration
Linux System Administration
(in Small Bites!)
About the Book
You can learn Linux today. It can be fun. This book can help you on your journey. This book is for anyone who has wanted to learn but has struggled. Written by an accomplished Linux Engineer and mentor this book will help you to learn the building blocks and how to assemble them to accomplish real work. Every utility and method covered in this book will contribute to your growth as a Linux administrator while you run a small business, contribute within a global organisation or simply run a home network on Linux. Buy the book and get started. You can do it.
- Who is this for?
- Wait! Where am I? ls and pwd
- Where is that darn thing..? find
- Know when to count them. wc
Composition? So soon? The pipe
- What’s in the box? grep
- Wrap up your commands! Python
- What’s in a file? cat and stat
- Test for… echo
- Composition? Again? Writing a Function
- The magic of… touch
- Make your mark. mkdir
- What does this thing do? man
- Just a little please… head and tail
- The meaning of life and other easy things… vim
- You what!? emacs
- A Real World Scenario
- Wrap it up to go please. tar
- Squeeze it… unsqueeze it… gzip
- Squeeze and send. tar and gzip
- The cornerstone. lsblk
- All things Internet. ip
- What time is it? date
- My lil’ file system. fstab and blkid
- Whodat? id
- useradd and passwd
- My own special number… groupadd
- A package? For me? yum
- Reverse it? Yes, back it up! backups
- Major Tom. systemctl
- wheel and sudo
- Who ate my disk? df and du
- Secret Squirrel. ssh
- Snooping around. ps
- Shwhat? chmod
- The Man in the Iron… umask
- Sticky wicket… sticky bit
- Sock it to me. netstat and ss
- The Crystal Ball? smartctl
- What just happened? journalctl
- The Big Guns. curl (and wget)
- Some more please..? ip
- Who goes there? lsof
- The Kitchen… rsync
- Its time to take action! cron
- This is getting serious… systemd services and timers
- Appendix A
- Ubuntu App for Windows 10
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.