About the Book
This book delivers practical techniques, habits, attitudes, and perspectives developers can cultivate in order to consistently perform at their best as professional software developers. If you are a developer, this book will help you enjoy a long and rewarding career and avoid the grind and drudgery that so many developers encounter.
I promise if you follow the ideas in this book, you will:
- Enjoy your work more
- Be more productive
- Become a technical leader in your team or organization
- Gain respect from your colleages
- Get a promotion or find a better job
- Earn more by increasing your value to your employer
If that's not worth $39 to you, then you can hardly call yourself a professional developer.
If you don't find the content valuable, you can get always your money back!
There is no code in this book. We do not discuss technical matters. Non-developers who have an interest in the productivity of software developers or who are just curious about the discipline may also find the material of interest.
Read More Read Less
Table of Contents
- How to Read Level Up!
- What is Software Development?
- Professional Software Development
- Craft vs Profession
- Logic and Beauty in Software Development
- Subjectivity of Value
- Connecting to the Value
- Setting a Value Alarm
- Automate Your Chores
- Software as both Asset and Liability
- Climb the Abstraction Ladder
- What is Quality?
- The Craftsmanship Approach
- Efficiency Impacts Quality
- Quality Features
- Producing Quality User Experiences
- Quality Under the Covers
- What Makes a Developer Productive?
- Habits of Highly Productive Developers
- Avoiding Wasted Effort
- Productivity Takeaways
- Work Where Developers Are Valued
- Evaluate Yourself
- Build a Technical Competency Map
- Find Your Level
- Move Up
- Give Back
- Be of Good Character
- Create a Professional Impression
- What is Pair Programming?
- Why We Pair
- When to Pair
- Driving vs. Navigating
- Use Proper Sitting Posture
- Structuring Breaks
- Keep Each Other Accountable
- What to Do if Your Workplace Does Not Pair
- Debug Your Workplace
- Enjoy Your Work
- Enjoy Your Life
Read More Read Less