This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-11-15
About the Book
This book delivers practical techniques, habits, attitudes, and perspectives developers can cultivate in order to consistently perform at their best as professional software developers. If you are a developer, this book will help you enjoy a long and rewarding career and avoid the grind and drudgery that so many developers encounter.
I promise if you follow the ideas in this book, you will:
- Enjoy your work more
- Be more productive
- Become a technical leader in your team or organization
- Gain respect from your colleages
- Get a promotion or find a better job
- Earn more by increasing your value to your employer
If that's not worth $39 to you, then you can hardly call yourself a professional developer.
If you don't find the content valuable, you can get always your money back!
There is no code in this book. We do not discuss technical matters. Non-developers who have an interest in the productivity of software developers or who are just curious about the discipline may also find the material of interest.
- How to Read Level Up!
- What is Software Development?
- Professional Software Development
- Craft vs Profession
- Logic and Beauty in Software Development
- Subjectivity of Value
- Connecting to the Value
- Setting a Value Alarm
- Automate Your Chores
- Software as both Asset and Liability
- Climb the Abstraction Ladder
- What is Quality?
- The Craftsmanship Approach
- Efficiency Impacts Quality
- Quality Features
- Producing Quality User Experiences
- Quality Under the Covers
- What Makes a Developer Productive?
- Habits of Highly Productive Developers
- Avoiding Wasted Effort
- Productivity Takeaways
- Work Where Developers Are Valued
- Evaluate Yourself
- Build a Technical Competency Map
- Find Your Level
- Move Up
- Give Back
- Be of Good Character
- Create a Professional Impression
- What is Pair Programming?
- Why We Pair
- When to Pair
- Driving vs. Navigating
- Use Proper Sitting Posture
- Structuring Breaks
- Keep Each Other Accountable
- What to Do if Your Workplace Does Not Pair
- Debug Your Workplace
- Enjoy Your Work
- Enjoy Your Life
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.