Email the Author
You can use this page to email Paul Halliday about Learn Ionic 5 From Scratch.
About the Book
Learn Ionic 4 From Scratch
Launch your mobile development career by creating amazing cross platform applications with Angular, Vue and React.
This book covers everything from:
- Ionic 4 with Angular, Vue.js and React.
- Master the Ionic CLI.
- Ionic Components.
- Local Data Storage
- Routing patterns (with lazy loading).
- Much more!
Here's a specific breakdown of some project(s) we create within the book:
Bitcoin Price Tracker
Leverage your React skills to create a Bitcoin price tracker with Ionic 4 and React. You can see an example of the final project here.
- How to create an Ionic application with React and TypeScript.
- How to get data from a REST API.
- How to display "Skeleton UI" data whilst gathering data from an API.
- How to display data on-screen using React.
- How to theme our Ionic application using CSS variables
Vue.js iTunes Search
In this section we'll create a Vue.js and Ionic project that uses the iTunes API to display album data for a particular artist.
By the end of this section you will have created an application that takes advantage of:
- Using `fetch` to get data from the iTunes API
- How to display data on screen using Ionic components
- Use Vue.js and Ionic to represent our state as UI components.
This book is driven by community feedback, and by purchasing it you'll have access to the private Discourse forum. I'd love your suggestions as to what you'd like covered next, as well as anything you feel could be improved.
About the Author