Lean Veterinary Practice Management
Last updated on 2019-08-08
About the Book
What would it mean to your veterinary practice if you found a new, teachable and learnable system that promotes the following:
- Using operational excellence as a business strategy
- Using an objective, scientific, systems-based model to manage your practice
- Defining your perfect practice and developing a methodology to pursue that vision
- Increasing value from your client's point of view
- Utilizing all resources, including doctors and staff, more effectively
- Working relentlessly to reduce or eliminate waste
- Building a culture of everyone improving their jobs every day
- Standardizing work to improve flow and quality
- Making problems visible and reacting quickly
- Understanding problems and solving them at their root cause(s)
- Respecting workers and all stakeholders
The Toyota Production System, or Lean as it is known in the West, has accomplished this in virtually every industry including human healthcare. Can it do the same for the practice of veterinary medicine? There is no reason it can't! Lean may very well be the new paradigm for veterinary management in the future.
Lean is not about molding your practice into some expert’s idea of a “cookie cutter, benchmark” copy of practices from other parts of the country. Lean understands that you are the expert of your practice. Your practice, your demographics and your staff are all unique. Lean is about making your veterinary practice the best your veterinary practice it can be.
Utilizing the same mindsets and methodologies veterinarians and their staff use to diagnose and treat their patients, Lean Veterinary Practice Management will help you figure out how to accomplish all of this, and more, for your practice.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.